'25 GA WR Travis Smith (Tennessee commit)

This is huge. If he can maximize his potential under this staff as he should, he has the chance to be really good and gives us the big time long/physical/athletic receiver we've been looking for long term. Could definitely end up being highest ranked current commit tbh
Sanders….but you said current commit. 😂

I think that the staff is recruiting at a championship level. It's not about rankings but about fit.
Not in relation to this player in particular, but. . . you think people would quit worrying about the star level next to a player's name after what Heupel has gotten out of the players he had and the circumstances when he got here.

He's getting the players who fit the scheme  and the culture. Heupel has given us zero reason to worry about anything, really.

Weird UGA would pass on a player of his caliber. It’s getting weird how all the players that we get that UGA is involved with they end up passing on them so they sign with us.

Weird UGA would pass on a player of his caliber. It’s getting weird how all the players that we get that UGA is involved with they end up passing on them so they sign with us.
Yes, that's what happens. We only get the guys that they pass on. In fact, our entire class is made up of cast-offs

Last edited:
Keon Coleman who played at FSU.
That’s another comparison
Coleman plays faster than his 40 time would indicate. Some people don't run the 40 well but have game speed. (you already know this, so that was a generalized statement).... Smith is a polished, crafty route runner which can make up for top end speed deficiencies. Our trainers can definitely help with that long speed though.

Coleman plays faster than his 40 time would indicate. Some people don't run the 40 well but have game speed. (you already know this, so that was a generalized statement).... Smith is a polished, crafty route runner which can make up for top end speed deficiencies. Our trainers can definitely help with that long speed though.
Oh and I anticipate they will.

As Tennessee fans we have all become accustomed to the 6’2 , 40 inch Vert, 4.4 archetype player out wide waiting to make a big play. Spoiled by it, actually.

I don’t care if this kid ever reaches 4.54 in his 40.

As long as he headtaps DBs and runs over safeties he’s going to be very good for our offense

VN Store

Back