'25 GA WR Travis Smith (Tennessee commit)

Oh and I anticipate they will.

As Tennessee fans we have all become accustomed to the 6’2 , 40 inch Vert, 4.4 archetype player out wide waiting to make a big play. Spoiled by it, actually.

I don’t care if this kid ever reaches 4.54 in his 40.

As long as he headtaps DBs and runs over safeties he’s going to be very good for our offense
Let him run over enough safeties and they will start looking the other way

He put up as many yards in one game as Nate Spillman did his whole senior season 😂
What was the point of this post? The Spillman brothers aren’t from America and they didn’t grow up playing American football from a young age. Maybe Nate never turns into a great receiver (honestly the chips are stacked against him), but maybe he puts it all together as a junior or senior and he becomes a big contributor. None of us know what will happen. I’ll get off my soapbox but it’s still a really weird flex to hype up a vol commit while putting down a vol player.

Just watched his highlights from his first game and it's easy to see how he will fit in to this offense. Vertical weapon, can high point the ball, and knows how to use his body to get first downs. Will be the outside WR on the side with the slot. IF he can block he will thrive in this offense

Davante Adams ran a 4.56 at the 2014 Combine, which is by no means slow but not quite eye popping, and he’s one of the best receivers of the last 15 years.

Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62.

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63.

Jauan Jennings ran a 4.72. He was pretty good for us.

People drool over wide receiver speed and athleticism, but it’s one of the most cerebral positions on the football field, almost as much as quarterback and at least comparable to center and middle linebacker. Strength and tenacity matter as well.

Davante Adams ran a 4.56 at the 2014 Combine, which is by no means slow but not quite eye popping, and he’s one of the best receivers of the last 15 years.

Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62.

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63.

Jauan Jennings ran a 4.72. He was pretty good for us.

People drool over wide receiver speed and athleticism, but it’s one of the most cerebral positions on the football field, almost as much as quarterback and at least comparable to center and middle linebacker. Strength and tenacity matter as well.
Guys that can block and physically dominate DBs while being an automatic first down are crucial to any offense.

And while he’s no Jalin Hyatt or Squirrel White in the speed department, he’s not slow either.
He’s not a TE trying to play WR. He’s just a beast.

Screw the recruiting rankings, could care less what they do. That also includes when we are making regular trips to the playoffs, don't care that they then think our classes are great. THE PEOPLE DOING THE RANKINGS ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS, THEY HAVE ZERO SKILLS IN THIS AREA, OUTSIDE OF THEIR CURRENT JOBS THEY HAVE NEVER MADE A DAMN DIME DUE TO THEIR ABILITY TO FIND TALENT. Had to get that out of my system, everybody gets all bent out of shape when this happens all the time and like lemmings we seem to react EVERY DAMN TIME.

What was the point of this post? The Spillman brothers aren’t from America and they didn’t grow up playing American football from a young age. Maybe Nate never turns into a great receiver (honestly the chips are stacked against him), but maybe he puts it all together as a junior or senior and he becomes a big contributor. None of us know what will happen. I’ll get off my soapbox but it’s still a really weird flex to hype up a vol commit while putting down a vol player.
Nate might make the key tackle on special teams that seals the W. In CHRIST Alone

Screw the recruiting rankings, could care less what they do. That also includes when we are making regular trips to the playoffs, don't care that they then think our classes are great. THE PEOPLE DOING THE RANKINGS ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS, THEY HAVE ZERO SKILLS IN THIS AREA, OUTSIDE OF THEIR CURRENT JOBS THEY HAVE NEVER MADE A DAMN DIME DUE TO THEIR ABILITY TO FIND TALENT. Had to get that out of my system, everybody gets all bent out of shape when this happens all the time and like lemmings we seem to react EVERY DAMN TIME.
They’ve made a couple dimes working in SEC recruiting departments

Mostly agree.
Schools need to be right.
The sites just the need the hype!

Most of these guys do pick up some talent evaluating skills just from shear amount of time watching camp and game film. But they will always miss the crucial ingredient of actually playing the sport, and that viewpoint…

However they make it biased when they rank guys due to who they are committed to, or offered by.

VN Store

Back