Game 2 ???

Hulu live TV has a robust sports package including the sec channel and all the espn channels…and of course live tv. You can watch it from anywhere if you are traveling (on your phone or iPad) and they are owned by Disney so there is no Disney/espn negotiating.

So, did anyone else see the irony in all of the DirecTV commercials shown on ESPN during the games this weekend (including last night)? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I want to know which marketing genius thought it would be a good idea to drop some of the primary channels you use for your advertising?!!
I did. Extremely ironic and dumb.

YouTube TV went through this with Disney back in late 2021 but only went dark for a couple of days as I recall.

I'm not sure how long their deal with Disney is for but YTTV will face the same shakedown from Disney/ABC/ESPN in a few years.

Hulu is the only one that's safe from an ESPN blackout and can, via Disney, screw with their competition like this.

If the others were smart they'd buy NBC, CBS, or some other valuable TV product to have leverage vs Disney.

VN Store

Back