Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

Remind me, isn't Wes Moore the old UT Chattanooga coach? If so, then he is the one who embarrassed Warlick early in her coaching career that sent ominous signs about which direction the program was headed. And that would've been with really good talent on the team.

Gurad play was big descreptcy equal another loss in tournament this time round of 32. Kellie better get it fixed or she will finally be out of chances 1 more year. Losing Jackson she better hit portal big time lots of holes. Love all you lady Vols fans. In CHRIST Alone
She seems to do pretty well out of the portal so there is hope. Certainly need a scorer that can create her own shot and a real point guard. Got to turn over every portal rock to find that exceptional point guard!! Would not hurt a thing to find a tall, athletic post as well!

Rickea can't comeback. Looks like she will be back has to be on the clock though.

That’s what I mean. Didn’t word it quite right. I meant if Rickea didn’t come back for her 5 year this year Kellie would be fired right now.

Without Jackson this season would have been a complete disaster. We saw how it went those 8 games she missed. The team never really got any better she just came back.

Any game she struggled, like A&M the first go round, we lost.

Not a good look. That HCA is earned in the regular season.
Were not good enough at point guard and you can throw in about four other players that are not good enough for Power five play. Rickea saved whatever you can make of this season or it is certainly a losing one. That 20 and 13 would be more like 15 and 18.

Reactions: UT Challenger
She seems to do pretty well out of the portal so there is hope. Certainly need a scorer that can create her own shot and a real point guard. Got to turn over every portal rock to find that exceptional point guard!! Would not hurt a thing to find a tall, athletic post as well!
Spear was it last year in my opinion, we need at least 3 players that can start through the portal this year.

Can TN get a PG that is not a smurf? The game has changed, need a PG that is 5'10"+ and athletic. These 5'5"-5'7" PGs are not able to drive to the rim any longer and score.

Sometimes it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. We've had PGs before that were not big that could finish like Tony Parker did in San Antonio.

Ended up being a competitive game.
We shouldn't have been a lower seed, but Kellie schedules in a ridiculous fashion and she has an abysmal record against top 25 teams.

Give Wes Moore her team and he would have gotten an even higher seed than he did at NC State.

Wasn't this played on NC States' home court? That is a big advantage. NC State beat UCONN there as well.

That’s what I mean. Didn’t word it quite right. I meant if Rickea didn’t come back for her 5 year this year Kellie would be fired right now.

Without Jackson this season would have been a complete disaster. We saw how it went those 8 games she missed. The team never really got any better she just came back.

Any game she struggled, like A&M the first go round, we lost.
Better take a hard look at this roster and do what she can do with it. I don't think what we did this season will be good enough next season, at least I hope not.

Reactions: NOLACHUCKEYTOM
I wish the women’s game would get to where neutral courts throughout the tournament. Their not there yet attendance wise.Makes it hard on lower seeds playing on higher seed home court.

Exactly though Tennessee has benefitted from that throughout the years. But the home teams are typically the better teams and they rarely lose at home.

TN enjoyed this advantage for like 30 years now you want to change because TN is not good enough to win home court advantage? Classic!
I didn’t say that.
the attendance throughout is getting close. Back in Pats days there were empty arenas the game would have died money wise if they hadn’t done it like that then. I just said attendance wise the game is getting close to being able to sustain neutral sites. That’s a good thing meaning the game has grown. Not looking for advantage just like to see it equal to the men’s game.

Reactions: volfan102455
Sitting Key was a terrible thing to do. The amount of times Kellie gets out coached in big games is criminal. she did this team no favors.
When that big girl was sitting -- Kellie took Rickea out to rest. Very frustrating.

Kellie is what her record against top 25 teams says she is --- a below average coach who will lose the vast majority of her games against teams with similar talent.

That is not going to change at this point in her career. Either your are happy competing for third in the SEC and going out in the first couple of rounds in the NCAA or you are not. It will be interesting to see if that is enough for AD White.

In the past we have waited until the wheels come off to make changes in most sports, which makes the rebuilding more difficult. This will be a good test of how Danny White feels about being proactive and what priority he puts on the Lady Vols.

VN Store

Back