Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

When you turn the ball over you drain your desire to play defense. I would say put in Wynn but she is worst when it comes to basketball IQ. We can still win this game if guard play improves and we limit turnovers.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Missing free throws and all Tamari does is foul. You would think by now they are going to call those little tough fouls on her so just hands straight up and deal with what happens. Need a run can't get to far behind .

Reactions: chuckiepoo
ESPN had them at 74% chance to win I thought that was ridiculous, but I must be bad luck. I came in late Vols up since then NC State playing lights out.

Oooof. This feels like it' either gonna be one of those "keep it close enough for a 15 point explosive comeback run" in the fourth quarter, or one of those "20 point leads at the end of the third that stays that way" finishes.

Neither of those are good for the heart.

Reactions: brittannica
When you turn the ball over you drain your desire to play defense. I would say put in Wynn but she is worst when it comes to basketball IQ. We can still win this game if guard play improves and we limit turnovers.
Guard play hasn’t improved all year

Have to stop the turnovers, have to hit the free throws, and stop the guard for NC State making easy baskets under the goal. Need to get our heads in the game, ladies!

Gotta stay in it until halftime! What I would give for a penetrate and dish point guard that could hit free throws and play in your face defense! She could make our posts almost unstoppable.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
We need to try and slow the tempo of this game--the fast pace is not in our favor at all. Cannot turn the ball over--and we need to be ready to get back on defense, and quickly.

Reactions: Sportslady
Need to keep it in single digits see if Tamari can get back in the second half without fouling somebody. Just her presence in the post causes problems if we could keep her in there.

VN Store

Back