Game Thread: Tennessee (13-7, 6-2 SEC) versus Missouri Tigers (11-10, 2-6 SEC) @ Food City Center, 2:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

Looks like a fairly close game according to the stats. The big advantage we should have is rebounding as turnover numbers are about even. Their three point shooting 36.7 percent on the season is what you have to control. Hopefully our offense is clicking Tennessee 84 Missouri 71

Reactions: knoxvol52
Tennessee should win.
Haven't watched Missouri this year. But they usually play tough.
85 75 Tennessee over Missouri

I'm feeling uncharacteristically optimistic for this one. I think the offensive juggernaut rolls on.

LVs 83-65.

Of course I'm worried about Missouri's 3 pt shooting since we're notoriously vunerable to that. Still think we overcome.
Reason I made it a little closer. If they have a bad three point shooting day we win by 20 or more.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and glv98
Mizzo has no answers for Jackson and the size of Key inside. I think we should excel on offense. Defensively, I’m worried since we can’t seem to control opponents 3 point shot. I suspect Jackson to gain most attention, but with the offensive threat from Spear, and Key down low, should offset some opening for Jackson. I would like to see Sara Puckett become a bit more involved on offense. We need consistency with having options. She can post up. Hope Jillian is back and produces a couple baskets and rebounds.
If key can get 10 points a game, and Striplin and Hollingshead get 10 between the two, that would open up things for Jackson and spear that much more. Continue to distribute the ball Powell and score when necessary.

LV: 83
MZ: 64

It’s easy to find the facts.. Kaiya Wynn since day 1 was a SEC talent. Former 5-star prospect.

She could start right now. Either way, being one of the first players off the bench is okay as long as Wynn is getting minutes based on her play and not just predetermined substitutions.

Trust your eyes and not the anyone but the LVs crew! This team has the talent to beat anyone in the SEC.

Reactions: Lucy
I'm feeling uncharacteristically optimistic for this one. I think the offensive juggernaut rolls on.

LVs 83-65.

Of course I'm worried about Missouri's 3 pt shooting since we're notoriously vunerable to that. Still think we overcome.
I was going to say something similar. Their 3-point shooting makes me nervous given how bad we are at defending the 3 (302nd in the NCAA out of 360 teams, per HHS), and how good they are at shooting it (23rd in the NCAA). But they don't force a lot of turnovers and they are among the worst in the NCAA in offensive rebounding - other things that have bitten us in our losses this season.

Missouri is the "worst" team left on our schedule (#70 in the NET, #72 at Massey), so it would be great if we could get another 20+ point win to boost our NET rating. Massey has us winning by only 11 and HHS by ~9.

I was going to say something similar. Their 3-point shooting makes me nervous given how bad we are at defending the 3 (302nd in the NCAA out of 360 teams, per HHS), and how good they are at shooting it (23rd in the NCAA). But they don't force a lot of turnovers and they are among the worst in the NCAA in offensive rebounding - other things that have bitten us in our losses this season.

Missouri is the "worst" team left on our schedule (#70 in the NET, #72 at Massey), so it would be great if we could get another 20+ point win to boost our NET rating. Massey has us winning by only 11 and HHS by ~9.
It all depends on the way we start,,,IMO

VN Store

Back