Garcia owned by ref (merged)

Hey it's my running mate. I agree it looked intentional. I don't blame him for doing it.

The look that he gave Garcia after hitting him, made it look even more intentional. I thought it was fake at first! Very funny

I remember this when I was watching it Saturday night, on the phone with a friend and I busted out laughing oh so hard! One of the best plays of the night! :)

The rumor I've read says the Ref was getting mad at Garcia for using him as an extra blocker. The ref warned him and on that last play he saw him running straight for him so he took him to the woodshed.

Either way, funny as hell.

UPDATE: SI.com's Stewart Mandel did some actual reporting on this story and here's what he found out from SEC spokesman Charles Bloom, who spoke to SEC coordinator of officials Rodgers Redding about the incident:

"The umpire's most vulnerable position on the field is right behind the line of scrimmage and sometimes gets right into the play. In this case, the umpire is there, he tries to defend himself by putting his arms up. The quarterback shifts direction a little bit and he puts his arms up.

"He makes an attempt to defend himself. I know it may look different on video, but what we see is that he makes an effort to protect himself."

FanNation | Ref must've bet LSU ...

Jim Rome just talked about it and said he thinks it's intentional. My dad was an official for about 25 years and I've been around the game from an official's point of view plenty. You have to protect yourself. Where the Umpire stands is where most of the plays take place. Definitely wasn't intentional.

Jim Rome just talked about it and said he thinks it's intentional. My dad was an official for about 25 years and I've been around the game from an official's point of view plenty. You have to protect yourself. Where the Umpire stands is where most of the plays take place. Definitely wasn't intentional.
Looked to me like the official moved forward into the path of the runner instead of backing out of his obvious path. :dunno:

I saw Les Miles interviewed about it and he was pretty funny. He criticized the ref for not wrapping up.

Hmm let's see, move to the left and get hit by an LSU defensive lineman or lay out the QB? Not a hard decision.

VN Store

Back