Georgia Adds Colorado To Its 2006/2010 Schedules

hey they are no pushovers. they arent savannah state or maine.

they have been to the big 12 championship like 3 out of 4 years or something like that.

Thats because they play in the Big XII north. That part of the conference has been down the past few years. But they are a respectable opponent.

Yeah, I'd say Colorado is a pretty good game to put on the schedule. You never know what they'll look like by the time they get around to playing . . . I'm sure 5 years ago GA thought scheduling Boise State for their 2005 opener was a good idea. :lol:

If memory serves me correct I believe we played Colorado to open the season back in the early 90's. It was a great game 31-31 I believe. I think Colorado had come off of a co-national champion the year before. Anyways back to Georgia adding them to their schedule. I think it is a great add on game and will help make the SEC look better than it already is to play tougher opponents. Well thats my 2 cents. Go VOLS!!

That was the 1990 Pigskin Classic. We tied Colorado and they went on to share the National title with Ga Tech that year. I remember that game because I think Andy Kelly threw about 55 times that day.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 31, 2005 8:34 PM
I'm sure 5 years ago GA thought scheduling Boise State for their 2005 opener was a good idea.  :lol:

Georgia added Boise State in July of 2004

Man! That was some quick research. Thank you Mr. Knowledge. :D

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@May 31, 2005 7:57 PM
Isn't Colorado going on probation soon?

If so, interesting time to add them to their schedule.........
[snapback]99838[/snapback]​

Umm... I don't think so. I think you're refering to the sexual abuse case, or whatever it was. That got dropped and I don't think the NCAA is looking into it. The Buffs had a little heat for a bit there but nothing came of it.

not to mention since the BCS dropped strength of schedule youd think AD's would be scrambling for gimme non conference games.

Originally posted by dan4vols@Jun 1, 2005 12:30 AM
not to mention since the BCS dropped strength of schedule youd think AD's would be scrambling for gimme non conference games.
[snapback]99897[/snapback]​

I'm sure voters still take that into consideration.

wow. good game.

maybe the bulldogs are growing some balls and playing good non-conference foes.

Now thats just cold. We are really excited about getting this game, it gives us a change to go west of the Mississippi and get some exposure on the left coast and hopefully in the future we will try to go North and get some games up there. As for Boise State could be a scary game but we should wear them out by the second half and pull away with a W.

i wasnt be-littling u guys. that will be a real good game. i will probably watch it.

i love seeing the sec and big 12 play. good t.v.

The way UGA has played Marshall, UAB, and MTSU....these games may be interesting

This will be the first time UGA has travelled more than 70 miles for an OOC game in over 20 years. Congrats to finally recognizing that the whole US plays CFB. Seriously though, it really is great for the SEC to go play these other conf. and regain some of the national respect that seems to be missing lately. Too bad we're sending UGA! ;)

Not true its 73 miles to atlanta for GT. LOL yeah we are excited about getting these games and getting some exposure and we will represent the SEC as good or better than most.

I just checked . . . if you throw out the trips to Columbia, SC before SC joined the SEC, the last significant road trip for UGA was when they went to play Tulane in New Orleans . . . . . . . in 1970!?!? :lol:

VN Store

Back