Georgia player dies

Totally possible both girls were sent as DDs to pick up the players. Not saying that’s what happened but it’s possible.
Good point, as one of the few (maybe only) female in this thread, I can confirm a strip club does not sound particularly fun 😂 more like kind of sad.. I would try to help them find other jobs lol .. and yes I realize they probably make a fortune.. but at what cost? Sorry, total buzzkill..I personally wouldn’t have wanted to go in a strip club with a bunch of guys when I was that age, not even in my most stupid and wildest days 😂..DD makes sense

Last edited:
Good point, as one of the few (maybe only) female in this thread, I can confirm a strip club does not sound particularly fun 😂 more like kind of sad.. I would try to help them find other jobs lol .. and yes I realize they probably make a fortune.. but at what cost? Sorry, total buzzkill..I personally wouldn’t have wanted to go in a strip club with a bunch of guys when I was that age, not even in my most stupid and wildest days 😂..DD makes sense

Video I saw, they all exited the club at the same time.

The recently departed driver certainly looked "happy" enough.

Oh well, a tragedy indeed but someone needs to ask the difficult questions now that the deceased have been laid to rest. Like it or not, UGA (and every other large school) are billion $ businesses-and this is not a good look

I was at the Lonesome Dove on N. Central St in the Old City with my 80 year old mother about a week before Christmas. They weren't going to serve her alcohol because she left her ID in the car. The waitress called a manager over and he gave her the green light. That is pretty standard in Knox. I think it's a wise policy too. Bring your ID, if you're planning to drink. Common sense.
Gas stations here id regardless of age for tobacco and alcohol. I've watched white haired folks cuss the cashiers out several times.

Everyone knows there's no girls on the internet!👀🤣

They can say whatever they want, but it doesn't take this amount of time for a tox report.
It's a terrible tragedy, that could happen anywhere, and you are coming off as someone who wants to bash UGA. Grow up

It's a terrible tragedy, that could happen anywhere, and you are coming off as someone who wants to bash UGA. Grow up
I'm not wanting to bash anyone. I hate that the tragedy happened regardless of the reason. You have not and will not see me "bash" anyone involved in this. I'm just telling you what I know about tox reports. Simple as that.

I'm not wanting to bash anyone. I hate that the tragedy happened regardless of the reason. You have not and will not see me "bash" anyone involved in this. I'm just telling you what I know about tox reports. Simple as that.
Sure thing

Gas stations here id regardless of age for tobacco and alcohol. I've watched white haired folks cuss the cashiers out several times.

Back in the dark ages (when I was in high school), I worked as a bagboy at a local grocery store.

Local cops sent in somebody with a white wig on and make up to make them appear elderly. Needless to say, he was not carded for his beer and five minutes later the cashier was arrested.

These days, it makes my day when someone cards my old butt. While I know they are doing it to protect themselves, I always manage to convince myself that it my cherubic appearance and youthful glow is to blame.

Last edited:
The university has already stated they were not acting in their behalf.In other words, they were on their own time..

Back in the dark ages (when I was in high school), I worked as a bagboy at a local grocery store.

Local cops sent in somebody with a white wig on and make up to make them appear elderly. Needless to say, he was not carded for his beer and five minutes later the cashier was arrested.

These days, it makes my day when someone cards my old butt. While I know they are doing it to protect themselves, I always manage to convince myself that it my cherubic appearance and youthful glow is to blame.
I offer to show my Medicare card! 😁

Ahhh.. Idk I was trying to make it make sense…I guess we can’t
It's just bad all the way around.As a result,two lives are lost and life changing for their families. Have you seen any report about the condition of the other lady in the car. News has been very quiet about her,nor has she issued any statement..

Reactions: LadyVolette
I remember
I was at the Lonesome Dove on N. Central St in the Old City with my 80 year old mother about a week before Christmas. They weren't going to serve her alcohol because she left her ID in the car. The waitress called a manager over and he gave her the green light. That is pretty standard in Knox. I think it's a wise policy too. Bring your ID, if you're planning to drink. Common sense.
I remember places being much more lax about it in the 90s when I was underage in Knox, but I imagine things have tightened up considerably, and that is a good thing… maybe Athens is like Knoxville of the 90s?

It's just bad all the way around.As a result,two lives are lost and life changing for their families. Have you seen any report about the condition of the other lady in the car. News has been very quiet about her,nor has she issued any statement..
No, the news is not very forthcoming, and I can understand that.. though I have to wonder if this had happened at Tennessee what the reaction would be and how this would be treated.. I am going to imagine much more callously by police and media, other SEC schools, their media, and fans just a hunch.. 🤷‍♀️ Hope we never have to find out

Last edited:
I offer to show my Medicare card! 😁

I haven't reached that stage of life......yet. it's coming soon though lol.

The even more hilarious situation is about half the time at dinner, my gf(a decade younger) doesn't get carded while my (close to) geriatric self does.

I always tell her that the wait staff is being compassionate as they assume that any young and attractive female such as herself hanging out with my Jurassic butt is going to need to be drinking-heavily. She thus far has not accepted that logic.

Yep. I'm 57. Unless I'm somewhere besides the gas store down the road that have my age memorized, I get carded for my cans of dip or my 6 packs. It's there job. It doesn't bother me. It's foolish to cuss out these cashiers or get ruffled with them. I wish none of them to be fired because they got caught not checking for fear of me. It's easy and harmless to just flip out my DL. I usually just chuckle and thank them for the flattery of thinking I'm young enough to check.

Reactions: tbh and joevol33
When you win a national title, the downtown scene doesn't give a damn about how old you are. Even if you don't win national titles. I have lived in Georgia all of my life and have witnessed bartenders certainly not hesitating on giving drinks to football players regardless of age. In fact, there's no telling all over the country how many college football players get served because of who they are.
Yeah, even in Knoxville, Tennessee.

She was driving a car leased to the AD for recruiting purposes only. And she was not supposed to have it according to Smart since recruiting activities had ended much earlier in the night. Sounds like they’re trying to get ahead of the lawsuit by saying the girl was breaking the rules by having the car to begin with.

So you have a UGA employee, driving a UGA vehicle, wreck and kill herself and another person, and injure 2 others after leaving a strip club. That OL that died, his family can basically name their settlement price. UGA is definitely on the hook for a LARGE amount of money.

VN Store

Back