Gerald Riggs could be the no 1 RB in the nation

Riggs is good and will be a great back next year but I don't know that I would say that he could be the #1 back in the nation....Sure he could be, he could have a great season next year and I hope he does...but with AP at Oklahoma he'll probably be #2 because that kid is AWESOME.....He should certainly be top 5 in the nation next year but I don't see him being #1...Would love to see it happen though

i do think he will be the first back taken in the nfl draft next year after what he does for us. mark it down.

Peterson will be the driving force behind Oklahoma, although Rhett Bomar may be a force to contend with as well.

Lendale White and Reggie Bush will comprise the running duo to beat in 2004.

1- i was talking about backs going into the nfl next season
2- reggie bush is not a 30 carry back
3- he is by far the best running back on the team.....who even questioned that?

reggie bush would fit good in the indy offense. dont need alot of running.

Originally posted by JSB2277@Jan 20, 2005 10:19 PM
Can anyone see thsi happening? Great OL, balanced offense, explosive speed, excellent power...........he could rush for 1500+ yards i believe

It's almost impossible for an SEC back to lead the nation in yardage, when conferences like the PAC-10 defense plays in slow motion.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:35 PM
but who in the pac 10 is going to lead the nation n running?

I not sure but that kid from Cal had huge yardage all season except against USC and in the bowl game against T-Tech. Reggie Bush may break it open this season. The SEC and Big-10 defense is too good to break records in.

Reggie Bush will not break it as they rotate him and Lendale White. White is more of an up-the-gut runner, good for consistent gains of five yards or so. I think Adrian Peterson will lead the nation in rushing next season. How good he is going to be by his junior/senior year is just scary.

And for the last time, our defenses are not bad, a lot of our teams are loaded on offense and make the other defenses look bad.

Oregon State, Cal, USC and Stanford all held the oppossing offense to 20 points a game or less. I figured 20 ppg would be a good interval to use.

I'm sure you'd all consider SEC offense to be equal, so I used the same mark. The SEC had an equal number of teams to do that. Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

So, you guys have two more teams in your conference but an equal number of teams performing equal on defense to the Pac-10. To boot, one might not find it that hard to concede that Pac-10 offenses are as good as, sometimes perhaps marginally better than most other offenses in the country.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:35 PM
but who in the pac 10 is going to lead the nation n running?

I'm not sure, but neither was anyone else until, the PAC-10's backs started having 200+ rushing games.

It's doesn't matter who it is, the point is that it can be done, and the media builds it up. When the stats are posted, and the pollster vote, no one cares how bad the defense was. Mack Brown was right about Cal, they didn't beat one quality team all year yet were in the top 5 most of the season because of their offesive yardage.

yeah i think you just hit it on the nail. no matter what anyone says cal sucks. they lost to the only team they played that was any good. who did they beat, really.

USC escaped Berkley with a win by the skin of their teeth. That game got pretty big ratings and left a big impression on people about both teams.

They blew out Oregon State 49-7 at Corvallis, Beavers having their second worst defensive game of the season (Boise State scored 53 on them) and their worst offensive game of the season.

They beat Arizona State 29-0. ASU averaged 30 ppg this season, and was only held under 27 points twice by Cal and USC.

Those are all pretty impressive if you ask me.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 22, 2005 8:00 PM
USC escaped Berkley with a win by the skin of their teeth. That game got pretty big ratings and left a big impression on people about both teams.

They blew out Oregon State 49-7 at Corvallis, Beavers having their second worst defensive game of the season (Boise State scored 53 on them) and their worst offensive game of the season.

They beat Arizona State 29-0. ASU averaged 30 ppg this season, and was only held under 27 points twice by Cal and USC.

Those are all pretty impressive if you ask me.

Yes it did, I was a USC nonbeliever up until I watched them pick apart Bob Stoop's like he forgot to show up. USC may have had a couple close games, but they always owned the 4th Quarter. And as any SEC fan knows the winners own the 4th Quarter.

VN Store

Back