Give Him 6 [Josh Dobbs TD last night against Titans]

Strange how Dobbs can make a few good plays against guys who probably won’t play much and he gets praised. Milton makes good plays and doesn’t get anywhere near the same.
He did the same in Minnesota against guys that play on Sundays. And he did it being so new to the team, he didn't know the plays. In short, he was free to be who and what he is. How 'bout that?

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
He did the same in Minnesota against guys that play on Sundays. And he did it being so new to the team, he didn't know the plays. In short, he was free to be who and what he is. How 'bout that?
Then teams starting scheming for him and his shortcomings were exposed.

Then teams starting scheming for him and his shortcomings were exposed.
Naw, the coach did to Josh what the coaches did to Tebow. Tebow was unorthodox in how he passed, but he was winning. Then they monkeyed with his mechanics, to make him something he wasn't. Then he didn't win anymore. Same with Josh, Minnesota tried to make him into a type of QB he simply isn't, and that was that.

Naw, the coach did to Josh what the coaches did to Tebow. Tebow was unorthodox in how he passed, but he was winning. Then they monkeyed with his mechanics, to make him something he wasn't. Then he didn't win anymore. Same with Josh, Minnesota tried to make him into a type of QB he simply isn't, and that was that.
That's laughable

Reactions: EZE and knoxvol52
I think Dobbs actually plays better during broken plays.Dobbs being Dobbs, I call it. Kind like Michael Vick being Michael Vick, or Lamar Jackson being Lamar Jackson. Trying to shape them into being something like traditional QBs usually backfires, cause that isn't what they are.
Dobbs is a better human being than Vick.

Yeah, I just don't get it with Josh. He is a helluva athlete , has an arm, and evidently the smarts. But his shortcomings appear to be mental.. Makes no sense.
There’s a difference between raw intelligence and football iq for sure. Josh Dobbs may legitimately be the most intelligent person to ever set foot on an NFL playing field as a player, but lab smarts and field smarts ain’t the same. He’s a credit to Vol Nation regardless, and I will continue to root for his success in whatever endeavor he’s engaged in. Gave us some great memories in the midst of the Butch years.

I think Dobbs actually plays better during broken plays.Dobbs being Dobbs, I call it. Kind like Michael Vick being Michael Vick, or Lamar Jackson being Lamar Jackson. Trying to shape them into being something like traditional QBs usually backfires, cause that isn't what they are.
Yeah well unfortunately that kind of play doesn't work that well in the Nfl. Otherwise all the practice and scheming is for naught. Coaches like the plays ran as called.

I always figured it messed with his mental clock and timing with his receivers.

VN Store

Back