Glad to See Im Not the Only One

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
that thinks like this. this is from poster on go vols..

Posted by bedmagic_23 on December 1, 2007 at 10:36 a.m. (Suggest removal)
I would like to see UT keep more local kids, but you can't fault UT! They recruited Barrett Jones, Chris Jordan, THE USC BUST, HOW'S LIFE AT ND (Tate, Smith) and (0 for the SEC) Micheal Oher! It's sad that these kids let other schools preach to them about how UT is a program on the decline and let themselves end up in busted situations and miles away from anybody who honestly cares about them. I wonder how Golden Tate, Micheal Oher, and Harrison Smith feel about not even having bowl practices right now! How's ND suppose to improve drastically over their competition when their competition gets an extra 20 practices at the end of the year? How does Micheal Oher feel after never having gone to a bowl game and his coach is canned? How must it feel if you were touted to be in the next line of great receivers at USC and thinking that you have a better chance of being trained for the pros at USC, to see Trooper Taylor take a less heralded, shorter player in Lucas Taylor and have him out perform you in a better conference?

It seems that Tate and Smith, by going to Catholic high schools, seem destinied to go to Notre Dame.

Oher was closer to Ole Miss than he was to UT.

That's just my thinking on them.

If Tennessee keeps going to SECCGs with less "heralded" talent, then eventually they'll come. Develop consistency again and kids will stay in state.

It seems that Tate and Smith, by going to Catholic high schools, seem destinied to go to Notre Dame.

Oher was closer to Ole Miss than he was to UT.

That's just my thinking on them.

If Tennessee keeps going to SECCGs with less "heralded" talent, then eventually they'll come. Develop consistency again and kids will stay in state.

If Tennessee is getting to SECCGs and winning I don't care where they're from.

Did you read the statement that Barrett Jones released when he chose Bama? He will be a star lineman where ever he goes.
Star lineman( kinda an oxymoron).

There was an article (I think it was in SI) about him a little while ago. He came from a horrible family situation. He had a horrible eduactaion situation. By the time he got to Briarcrest in 10th grade, his teachers said he would have probelms even passing the 4th grade. Someone at Braircrest adopted him, helped him and got him bakc on the right track. These people worshipped Ole Miss, and, with all being equal, I bet that's where he was destined to land.

Not just an article, but a book, by Michael Lewis - The Blind Side. It's a great read.

you guys miss the point. I hate to admit it, but I kind of keep up with guys like Oher, that chose another school. Im secretly happy when that school doesnt perform very well. Sort of, "How's that workin' out for ya?"

you guys miss the point. I hate to admit it, but I kind of keep up with guys like Oher, that chose another school. Im secretly happy when that school doesnt perform very well. Sort of, "How's that workin' out for ya?"

That's harsh.

I feel bad for the kids because, for the most part, they had someone control their recruitment. As for Turner, good job buddy. Hope you like being a backup as a Sr.

Patrick Turner. He was a top 10 player coming out of HS a few year's ago from Goodpasture High School. He chose USC over UT in a questionable recruitment.

That's right... I remember him now... Thanks

Turner is probably the highest rated prospect ever from TN. He shot all the way up to the #2 ranked player in the country after a great Army AA week. I was so dissapointed when he chose USC.

I'm really hoping we can sign Marlon Brown next year to make up for it but he's from Memphis so I'm not getting to excited.

Patrick Turner. He was a top 10 player coming out of HS a few year's ago from Goodpasture High School. He chose USC over UT in a questionable recruitment.
that was insane. Pete Carroll was at our school for like 3 days in a row when he finally signed and we all got food and drinks.

Yeah, it was leaked out that he had committed while our coaches were eating dinner with his family on an inhome visit. He was supposedly committing to UT at the AAA bowl until ESPN talked him into waiting and committing on air(which he never did).

Patrick, how's that working out for ya? I say that, but there's every possibility that he'll leave there with a national championship ring....which had he gone to UT there would be zero chance of.

USC, every possibility? UT, zero chance? I was not aware that next years games have already been decided. Somebody better tell the players that before they go the grueling spring practices and summer workouts. They might want to know they are working hard and trying to improve for nothing.

VN Store

Back