Godzilla Minus One (holy sh#!)

This got a surprise drop on Netflix for anyone interested.
Watched it again this past weekend. It wasn't the IMAX experience but it didn't disappoint on my home theater setup. God I love this movie! I don't outright buy a lot of movies anymore but I'm definitely buying the 4K blu ray of this when it comes out!

Watched it again this past weekend. It wasn't the IMAX experience but it didn't disappoint on my home theater setup. God I love this movie! I don't outright buy a lot of movies anymore but I'm definitely buying the 4K blu ray of this when it comes out!
I loved it. Now that it’s available to a mass audience I see alot of posting on social media criticizing how “slow” it is. We have a society full of pea brains. Duurrrr Godziwwa don’t bwast lazers for 2 hours straight! Gtho with that junk.

I loved it. Now that it’s available to a mass audience I see alot of posting on social media criticizing how “slow” it is. We have a society full of pea brains. Duurrrr Godziwwa don’t bwast lazers for 2 hours straight! Gtho with that junk.
Yeah they're morons.

I got to watch about half of it so far, really like it, can't wait to finish

I loved the monster scenes but overall the pacing was strange. Could have leaned out the people sitting around talking scenes.

I loved the monster scenes but overall the pacing was strange. Could have leaned out the people sitting around talking scenes.

Lol. You mean the story/character-building scenes?? Those are kind of important. Without those, this is just another mindless kaiju movie. These scenes you're referring to are what sets this movie apart! Its funny you think they shouldve trimmed it back because I feel like nothing was wasted. It's pretty economical story telling.

It's like I've told so many others, this really isn't a Godzilla movie. It's a human interest movie that just happens to have Godzilla in it.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
Lol. You mean the story/character-building scenes?? Those are kind of important. Without those, this is just another mindless kaiju movie. These scenes you're referring to are what sets this movie apart! Its funny you think they shouldve trimmed it back because I feel like nothing was wasted. It's pretty economical story telling.

It's like I've told so many others, this really isn't a Godzilla movie. It's a human interest movie that just happens to have Godzilla in it.

thats why it won a visual effects Oscar...I don't mind story and character at all, in fact I prefer it. The scenes of the men all gathered to launch the final plan was great, I was invested. I'm just saying the pacing was too abrupt and the scenes in the little hovel were painfully slow and I lost most of the investment I had in the central characters.

thats why it won a visual effects Oscar...I don't mind story and character at all, in fact I prefer it. The scenes of the men all gathered to launch the final plan was great, I was invested. I'm just saying the pacing was too abrupt and the scenes in the little hovel were painfully slow and I lost most of the investment I had in the central characters.
Pretty interesting how different opinions differ from another. I thoroughly enjoyed the slow scenes. It helps to have characters that I was invested in. It was shot in a way that I never felt bored of the talking.

VN Store

Back