going back in time

if you could go back in time to any vols game were would you go?

• Total voters
i feel beaten flordia in the swamp the first time felt so good to me. but i almost voted arkansas 98. how do you fumble. :dlol:

Just please tell me if i forgot any of our great games. there were so many i couldnt think straight. i really like this poll and would like to see your input on it.

I'd say Tennessee Georgia '04 solidified Tennessee's spot as the current team to beat of the SEC.

Give me a break. I've seen some really bad polls (LIO, you out there?), but this takes the cake. What a crap list of "best games" -- only one listed is older than 6 years ago.

How could anyone take part in a survey of UT wins that doesn't include the '86 Sugar Bowl? I'm glad you have at least heard about the Miracle at South Bend. BTW, the first win over Bama after the "dry spell" was 1995 -- Peyton with the breakout performance.

I think someone needs to spend a little more time on homework and a little less time filling up an otherwise quality message board with fluff.

thanks doc, I was thinking 95 or 96 man that win made that season for me! of course a win against Bama any yr is huge in my book.

The win over Bama that broke a longer streak was 1982 - Vols first win after 12 losses.

While it ended up being a rout - the Sugar Bowl win against Miami in 1986 (1985 season) is still my favorite all-time (that I saw). Absolutely NO ONE gave us a chance. We got in because Perkins at Bama took a tie against LSU? - he stated that he didn't think UT would win out our games (our QB - Tony Robinson went down in the Bama game). The back-up was Doug Dickey's son.

Miami was so cocky (#1) and Keith Jackson was so biased for them it wasn't even funny. I think we sacked Testaverde 7 times.

It was awesome. :thumbsup:

well i said i was sorry about missing some games. i just wanted to see what yallwould say. i thought it was a good poll but from yalls reaction i guees it wasnt

"The win over Bama that broke a longer streak was 1982 - Vols first win after 12 losses " yeah that one was sweet too but we have basically owned Bama since 1995 so I like it better, the 86 sugar bowl was amazing too Testaverde what a chowderhead, and the miracle at south bend you've really blowed them off the line when you block a field goal with your butt! I also would like to go back and watch UT shut down another Hiesman trophy winner (Eddie 3yrds and a cloud of dust George! )

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jan 20, 2005 1:42 PM
I also would like to go back and watch UT shut down another Hiesman trophy winner (Eddie 3yrds and a cloud of dust George! )

:dlol: That is funny!

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jan 20, 2005 2:37 PM
Yeah, but don't forget -- we cheated. :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Wasn't it because Ohio State claimed that the Vols' cleats were like 1/8th of an inch too long? I mean we're talking about an 1/8th of an inch here. Buckeyes fans are still whining about it.

Originally posted by allvol+Jan 20, 2005 2:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Jan 20, 2005 2:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kiddiedoc@Jan 20, 2005 2:37 PM
Yeah, but don&#39;t forget -- we cheated.  :eek:lol:  :eek:lol:  :eek:lol:  :eek:lol:

Wasn&#39;t it because Ohio State claimed that the Vols&#39; cleats were like 1/8th of an inch too long? I mean we&#39;re talking about an 1/8th of an inch here. Buckeyes fans are still whining about it. [/quote]
Yeah, don&#39;t remember if it was 1/8 or 1/4". Who cares?

We all thought that was so funny at the time&#33; And, you&#39;re right, I&#39;ve got a friend who&#39;s an Ohio State fan and he still brings that up.

everyone always tries to find an excuse to say why tennesse beat them. when we beat georgia this year we got lucky. when we beat fl it was only because of the refs and that tennessee didnt just drive down the field and kick a field goal. when we beat miami last year its because there offense sucked and that our defense had nothing to do with it. it gets aggravating after a while.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:38 PM
when we beat fl it was only because of the refs

.... but that one is true. :eek:lol: Very funny...but true.

the 86&#39; Sugar Bowl, without question. And yes, Y-O State is still whining about the cleats. Wonder if they remember Bill Duff? Man did it rain that day? Wettest I have ever been, but a happy wet.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:38 PM
. when we beat fl it was only because of the refs

are we talking about the gaffney "td" that shouldn&#39;t have been? that one still chaps my :shakeit:

ok...but that game still ticks me off...i mean, how can you call what he did a td? it went thru his arms....stupid refs :machinegun:

VN Store

Back