Good article on "One and Done"s

This is fun to watch...but come on TennNC, you got to do better than:

"most progressive grocery chain"

:eek:lol:

Austinites are so brutal to W. that his chunky daughter attended school there. They act like they are a music haven when, in fact, there are more good concerts in a week in NYC than are performed in seven years in Austin.

Are you kidding? That's all you got? How about the 70+% of people who voted against him in both elections and the numerous protests against the Bush administration during his time in the WH?

And to compare Austin (pop 700K) to NYC (pop 8+ million) is just silly.

Seriously, did you go anywhere while you were there other than 6th St., where, btw, mostly tourists and outsiders hang out.

This is fun to watch...but come on TennNC, you got to do better than:

"most progressive grocery chain"

:eek:lol:

The fact is, that grocery chain has had as big an impact on the food products you buy in your local Kroger, Harris Teeter, Safeway, Wal-Mart or wherever you shop, than any other business. I'd say that's one of many pieces of evidence I've provided that the city is nothing what Hat would have you believe.

Have no argument with what you say. Just highlighting a "progressive grocer" seems comical to me.

The fact is, that grocery chain has had as big an impact on the food products you buy in your local Kroger, Harris Teeter, Safeway, Wal-Mart or wherever you shop, than any other business. I'd say that's one of many pieces of evidence I've provided that the city is nothing what Hat would have you believe.

you haven't changed my mind. the people of austin were from classy and the women were far from good looking. The area itself was nice, although a little too brown for my taste.

In fact, I would say the people of Austin fit the stereotypical description of a Texan to a T if you will.

also the only way the 6th street area was overrun by tourists, was if you consider tourists the University of Texas students.

An actress that has never been in what I would call a good movie, an actor I could care less about, a tennis player who never lived up to his hype and two directors who haven't made any movies I would consider good do nothing to convince me either. If Lance wants to call it home, so be it.

also the only way the 6th street area was overrun by tourists, was if you consider tourists the University of Texas students.

An actress that has never been in what I would call a good movie, an actor I could care less about, a tennis player who never lived up to his hype and two directors who haven't made any movies I would consider good do nothing to convince me either. If Lance wants to call it home, so be it.

Alright then.

Enjoy Johnson City.

That's why the city hosts 3 of the country's most prestigious music festivals, and perhaps the most respected music television program.

That's why the entire city of Los Angeles descends upon Austin for a week every April to try to get a glimpse of the next music stars.

That's why the city is home to the world's largest computer manufacturer and a host of other high-tech corporations.

That's why the city is the home of the country's most progressive grocery chain.

That's why no-names like Lance Armstrong and Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey and Andy Roddick and Richard Linklater and Robert Rodriguez all call it home.

No, seriously, you should visit there.
A bike rider, two B list movie stars, a tennis player who has done pretty much nothing, and two average at best directors. Yeah, it's obviously a real mecca. Can't believe I haven't chosen to move there yet.

Alright then.

Enjoy Johnson City.

who said i enjoy johnson city and what does that have to do with the the city of austin?

perhaps i have simply came back to the city i grew up while i finished my master's degree because it's cheap to live here?

That's why the city hosts 3 of the country's most prestigious music festivals, and perhaps the most respected music television program.

That's why the entire city of Los Angeles descends upon Austin for a week every April to try to get a glimpse of the next music stars.

That's why the city is home to the world's largest computer manufacturer and a host of other high-tech corporations.

That's why the city is the home of the country's most progressive grocery chain.

That's why no-names like Lance Armstrong and Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey and Andy Roddick and Richard Linklater and Robert Rodriguez all call it home.

No, seriously, you should visit there.
No, seriously, I hope Austin is hit with an all consuming fire.

VN Store

Back