Good read on Dobbs!

As much as I believe Worley will be quite serviceable this season, it's hard not to like what I'm hearing from/about Dobbs. He may turn out to be very special.

This is gonna be an awesome competition to watch and it can only make us better!
GO VOLS!!!

Proud to have him as a Vol. I think he will be our next big star. I mean how can you be that smart, have that much talent, possess that kind of work ethic and not be a success?

Reactions: 7 people
That was a great read. Dobbs is very impressive with how he study's the game. Reminds me of another Tennessee great (PM). I read the article on Riley Furgeson that was linked at the bottom of the page also. They said his cool calm demeanor. I thought "uh oh" Another Tyler. I hope not. But after the last calm demeanor. I want someone who will come in and be a leader. And Dobbs sounds like that is his way of life. No offense to Riley. Maybe it will be a Casey Clausen (Iceman) type calm demeanor. It's just I think we need a true leader from the QB position. We haven't had that in a while.

Last edited:
That was a great read. Dobbs is very impressive with how he study's the game. Reminds me of another Tennessee great (PM). I read the article on Riley Furgeson that was linked at the bottom of the page also. They said his cool calm demeanor. I though "uh oh" Another Tyler. I hope not. But after the last calm demeanor. I want someone who will come in and be a leader. And Dobbs sounds like that is his way of life. No offense to Riley. Maybe it will be a Casey Clausen (Iceman) type calm demeanor. It's just I think we need a true leader from the QB position. We haven't had that in a while.

Riley won 2 state championships, and he isn't like Bray, though I think people dog Bray and it was the defenses performance, but I like both QBs coming in, but they won't play this year. when the play makers come back both of our QBs we have now will look much better.

Worley will be the QB this year. Freshmen are like new toys, but I hope we don't have to rely on them at the start of the season.

Proud to have him as a Vol. I think he will be our next big star. I mean how can you be that smart, have that much talent, possess that kind of work ethic and not be a success?

I totally agree, Dobbs has it all, hopefully all of our QB's are doing the same as Dobbs... :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Worley will be the QB this year. Freshmen are like new toys, but I hope we don't have to rely on them at the start of the season.

Yep.

Dobbs will RS this year and everyone will be posting articles about the next QB recruit beating Dobbs and Ferguson out for the job.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep.

Dobbs will RS this year and everyone will be posting articles about the next QB recruit beating Dobbs and Ferguson out for the job.

Is there anything wrong with that? That's what we do!

And we can take it about 5 steps forward and say crazy stuff like "I think he might be the next Peyton Manning when it comes to studying the game".

Yeah, I'll be that guy.

Key the nega's...

:whistling:

I will be surprised if both are redshirt, the change will come 2/3 into the season because if either one improves enough they will get some PT to roll into 2014. Now granted I still want to see our current players because they have earn it, Justin will defiantly start the season but if he struggles look for a dose of both NP and JW.

Is there anything wrong with that? That's what we do!

And we can take it about 5 steps forward and say crazy stuff like "I think he might be the next Peyton Manning when it comes to studying the game".

Yeah, I'll be that guy.

Key the nega's...

:whistling:

Nothing wrong with that. :)

I think Dobbs will be the next PM when it comes to studying film. The good news is I think he'll have a RS year studying film to get a proper head start. lol

Riley won 2 state championships, and he isn't like Bray, though I think people dog Bray and it was the defenses performance, but I like both QBs coming in, but they won't play this year. when the play makers come back both of our QBs we have now will look much better.

I wouldnt say neither will play. There is a reason the Coach's are waiting on Dobbs to get here. As a players Dad posted a few weeks ago they are highly anticipating Dobbs getting here. I have personally wanted Peterman to win the job and still do. He didnt get to display his full talents and didnt have any WR's to throw to. I doubt Worley is the starter by midseason, if he even starts any. He may start the season, but not even sure he will do that. We are in trouble if Worley starts all season.

I will be surprised if both are redshirt, the change will come 2/3 into the season because if either one improves enough they will get some PT to roll into 2014. Now granted I still want to see our current players because they have earn it, Justin will defiantly start the season but if he struggles look for a dose of both NP and JW.

Dont think its a given that Worley starts. He should an advantage over sll the QB's and did nothing to stand out or show he was an SEC QB. I see fans saying Worley definitely starts and thats far from done or a guarantee.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but is the general consensus that Dobbs will be our starter this season?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but is the general consensus that Dobbs will be our starter this season?

It's becoming more of a possibility...probability awaiting him actually taking a practice snap
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok, I have to ask..... what happened to his eyebrows? Not trying to be ignorant or anything, just wondering if he has some sort medical condition.

VN Store

Back