Great read on the players

"Remember, everyone who touches that sign, it means a little more; it's a little more special today," Jones says, just feet below the 'I Will Give My All for Tennessee' sign that's the state's orange outline and hangs above the locker room doors. "Let me work; you just go play."

Those players looked like they were having a blast out there Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
If the guy doesn't get some sleep he can't game plan properly or make good judgment calls. He is killing himself. Go get some sleep Jones.

The players in 2010 liked Dooley when he first arrived on campus. They said it was refreshing to have him, who embrased the U.T. traditions, unlike Kiffin who didn't embrace the U.T. traditions.

Them liking Dooley did not make an impact on the field at all and them liking him was short lived, once he started calling out the players by name in press conferences.

I'm sure Dooley's douchebag and holier than thou attitude had something to do with their change of opinion.

I get a different vibe from the comments about Jones compared to the comments about Dooley. Comments about Dooley always gave off "coach speak" feeling, comments about Jones are a lot more emotional.

i tutored a lot of the football players and many of them said something along the lines of "a coach is a coach" which does not sound very inspired.

In our coaching parade of late, we have not had this tone to an article or these kinds of accolades given the coach by the players. To me, the big difference is Coach Jones is a the real deal, a man who is about as genuine and unpretentious as a person can get. I haven't met him yet but I'm sure I would like him, He's passionate about everything he does, he believes in family, and he really does care about people, and especially his players as individuals of his football family. He has an incredible work ethic more than anyone I've heard tell. I am convinced he is extremely pleased to be here as much as I am pleased he is here. I expect there to be bumps in the road, maybe more than we care to see, but it won't be for lack of trying. I don't often get emotional but there is a time coming sometime soon when Tennessee will win a big game again and I'm sure it will get to me. As happy as I will be for the players and for the fans, I will also be happy for the coaching staff and especially Coach Jones, the man and what he will have accomplished. GBO!!

I'm still only able to dip my toes in the "Butch Gets it" and it translates to field waters... Guess I'm a little slow on the uptake. The next 2 weeks will be my barometer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back