Halloween Ends

I actually thought kills was worse. Probably never watch either of them again though.
I can't wrap my head around the fact that they tried to include another villain with arguably the most famous slasher icon ever ... completely ruined the movie for me. Might as well have been watching one of the thousand new horrible slashers that pop up on Netflix every fall.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I like it and hate it at the same time. It left too many questions unanswered, and I don’t think that was on purpose. What was the face carved into the wall in the sewer? What was the source of Michael’s power, the mask or his house? They tried to straddle the line of whether or not he was supernatural, but I think it was more on the side of him being supernatural and they should have done more to explore that instead of making Corey a main character.

Reactions: RockyTop411
I couldn't agree with you more and this franchise is my favorite horror franchise. Such a letdown.
I'm a big MM fan and this movie did him a massive disservice. It was awful. He was making a "cameo" in his own movie.

I like it and hate it at the same time. It left too many questions unanswered, and I don’t think that was on purpose. What was the face carved into the wall in the sewer? What was the source of Michael’s power, the mask or his house? They tried to straddle the line of whether or not he was supernatural, but I think it was more on the side of him being supernatural and they should have done more to explore that instead of making Corey a main character.
It was just all around awful imo. It was all over the place. It was basically a RomCom the first hour or so. Myers didn't appear until about an hour into the movie. And the whole Corey stuff was weird. I would have liked it better if he lived and carried on the Myers killing spree. But instead they focused on him and then killed him at the end anyway. Total waste of time. Felt like they were going one way in the movie and about halfway through, they changed their minds and went another direction.

I'm a big MM fan and this movie did him a massive disservice. It was awful. He was making a "cameo" in his own movie.

It was just all around awful imo. It was all over the place. It was basically a RomCom the first hour or so. Myers didn't appear until about an hour into the movie. And the whole Corey stuff was weird. I would have liked it better if he lived and carried on the Myers killing spree. But instead they focused on him and then killed him at the end anyway. Total waste of time. Felt like they were going one way in the movie and about halfway through, they changed their minds and went another direction.
Your first point is my biggest problem with the movie... I wanted to see what Michael was up to after miraculously evading death again, and how he was going to terrorize Laurie for two hours. Maybe I'm in the minority on that, but to me, that's what Halloween is. I don't care about any of the other characters... they are truly all disposable to me. Allyson, Corey, Coach Yost from Remember the Titans, the radio host at WURG... I mean come on.

And the way he aged after four years, according to the timeline he was 65 in Kills and 69 in Ends, he was the weakest, frailest version of Myers ever. The finale, after ALL of this, is Laurie pinning him down with a refrigerator? Get the **** out of here... Myers is one of us, he looks like us, walks amongst us, but he's supernatural due to the fact that he is EVIL.

I quoted this in another thread, but @DOCTORLOOMIS said it best, “I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left, no conscience, no reason, no understanding, in even the most rudimentary sense, of life or death or right or wrong. I met this six-year-old boy with a blank, cold emotionless face and the blackest of eyes, the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and another seven trying to keep him locked away when I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil.”

Your first point is my biggest problem with the movie... I wanted to see what Michael was up to after miraculously evading death again, and how he was going to terrorize Laurie for two hours. Maybe I'm in the minority on that, but to me, that's what Halloween is. I don't care about any of the other characters... they are truly all disposable to me. Allyson, Corey, Coach Yost from Remember the Titans, the radio host at WURG... I mean come on.

And the way he aged after four years, according to the timeline he was 65 in Kills and 69 in Ends, he was the weakest, frailest version of Myers ever. The finale, after ALL of this, is Laurie pinning him down with a refrigerator? Get the **** out of here... Myers is one of us, he looks like us, walks amongst us, but he's supernatural due to the fact that he is EVIL.

I quoted this in another thread, but @DOCTORLOOMIS said it best, “I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left, no conscience, no reason, no understanding, in even the most rudimentary sense, of life or death or right or wrong. I met this six-year-old boy with a blank, cold emotionless face and the blackest of eyes, the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and another seven trying to keep him locked away when I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil.”
Yes, I completely agree with everything you said. He went on a massive rampage and took out half the town at the end of Kills. And then in this one, he's so weak, he's overpowered by a kid who got up by band kids. And Michael didn't even put up a fight. Like what the hell is that?! I get it, he had gotten old, but in no way should he have been THAT weak. He's evaded death for like 40+ years and he's suddenly overpowered by a fridge and gets his hands knifed through the table. And he puts up a minimal fight again. He basically went down without a whimper. And I also agree about the other characters. It should have been all about the final encounter between MM and Laurie. Not some romantic **** story. David Gordon Green ruined another movie.

I tried…

Come back and let us know what you think once you get a chance
I meant spoiler tags to say it sucked. :)

I was really looking forward to it. Was gonna watch Kills again first. Kills wasn't really good either but for tge most I enjoyed it.

Oh well.

I meant spoiler tags to say it sucked. :)

I was really looking forward to it. Was gonna watch Kills again first. Kills wasn't really good either but for tge most I enjoyed it.

Oh well.
Sorry about that. I've seen some people who did enjoy the movie, so who knows.

Sorry about that. I've seen some people who did enjoy the movie, so who knows.
Don't apologize man, Im just messing around. I love me some original Halloween 1 and 2, liked 4 and 5 just because and I've watched these last 2 because I felt obligated. 😅 I was expecting this one to suck, but was hoping to be surprised. You know, we beat Alabama this past weekend so anything is possible.

Reactions: IndianaVol13
Don't apologize man, Im just messing around. I love me some original Halloween 1 and 2, liked 4 and 5 just because and I've watched these last 2 because I felt obligated. 😅 I was expecting this one to suck, but was hoping to be surprised. You know, we beat Alabama this past weekend so anything is possible.
Gotcha. I thought Kills was decent besides all the "evil must die tonight" crap. I love the Halloween movies and was pretty excited about the "reboot" but after the last 2 movies, I'm kinda regretting it. They kinda ruined the franchise imo.

Reactions: Behr
Yes, I completely agree with everything you said. He went on a massive rampage and took out half the town at the end of Kills. And then in this one, he's so weak, he's overpowered by a kid who got up by band kids. And Michael didn't even put up a fight. Like what the hell is that?! I get it, he had gotten old, but in no way should he have been THAT weak. He's evaded death for like 40+ years and he's suddenly overpowered by a fridge and gets his hands knifed through the table. And he puts up a minimal fight again. He basically went down without a whimper. And I also agree about the other characters. It should have been all about the final encounter between MM and Laurie. Not some romantic **** story. David Gordon Green ruined another movie.
1666217768063.gif

Gotcha. I thought Kills was decent besides all the "evil must die tonight" crap. I love the Halloween movies and was pretty excited about the "reboot" but after the last 2 movies, I'm kinda regretting it. They kinda ruined the franchise imo.
They at least made so much money that they will definitely make more Halloween movies.

I saw it last weekend. Here's my short review...

Halloween Ends...Thank Christ!

For me, the absolute and ONLY canon Halloween movies are 1, 2, and 4 (up to when Michael is blown away by all the town rednecks. Then I turn it off and ignore the last few minutes of the movie).

Everything else to me is fan fiction.

I saw it last weekend. Here's my short review...

Halloween Ends...Thank Christ!

For me, the absolute and ONLY canon Halloween movies are 1, 2, and 4 (up to when Michael is blown away by all the town rednecks. Then I turn it off and ignore the last few minutes of the movie).

Everything else to me is fan fiction.
My wife didn't grow up watching horror movies, so she lacks the nostalgia when it comes watching the original and II (my favorite of all) and thinks they're a bit cheesy. Trying to be the accommodating husband I am, I turn on Rob Zombie's Halloween II and immediately regretted it. Not that it's nearly as awful as Ends, it just doesn't even feel like it's in the same universe as the originals.

My wife didn't grow up watching horror movies, so she lacks the nostalgia when it comes watching the original and II (my favorite of all) and thinks they're a bit cheesy. Trying to be the accommodating husband I am, I turn on Rob Zombie's Halloween II and immediately regretted it. Not that it's nearly as awful as Ends, it just doesn't even feel like it's in the same universe as the originals.

I quite enjoyed Rob Zombie's Halloween, especially the director's cut
minus the horrible rape scene
Halloween 2 though was dreadful! It was so boring! It felt like 2 hours of wide shots of Michael walking across open fields.

What I kind of wish RZ had done was focus part one entirely on young Michael. I would've loved to see him dedicate the entire movie on his descent while at Smith's Grove and the relationship between him and Dr. Loomis. I would've done that and ended the movie with him escaping. Then I would've started part 2 with him returning to Haddonfield, getting the mask, and going on his killing spree!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back