Hansbrough out indefinitely...

thunder5

Cause I like to party
How do you all think this effects the landscape of the top 5-10 rankings...

I think they are so stacked that even with this and Ginyard's injury they are still as good if not better than any team in the country...

And if Hansbrough is sidelined for a month or so that could be good experience for Davis and Zeller...their two McD's AA forwards

Yeah I am a big UNC bball fan & I think that they will be alright no matter what. Now if Wayne, Ellington, Green, & Lawson would have went to the NBA instead of coming back then this would be a big story. I think with their depth they will still be good untill he comes back. Deon Thompson is real good down low also. This will give him a chance to showcase his skills & like you said we will get a chance to see the Freshmen. So in all it might just make the team have more experience when Pyscho T does get back.

Yeah I am a big UNC bball fan & I think that they will be alright no matter what. Now if Wayne, Ellington, Green, & Lawson would have went to the NBA instead of coming back then this would be a big story. I think with their depth they will still be good untill he comes back. Deon Thompson is real good down low also. This will give him a chance to showcase his skills & like you said we will get a chance to see the Freshmen. So in all it might just make the team have more experience when Pyscho T does get back.

Yeah...I think it's all right for now...but if UNC is going to make a serious run at the title they can't do it without Psycho and Ginyard

Hansborough is out indefinitely? Really???????????

Yep...they are calling it a stress reaction in his shin...

I've never heard of that but apparently it is a precursor to a stress fracture...so they are resting it to prevent the fracture and no timetable is set for his return...

It doesn't sound serious to me...but it appears they aren't taking any chances and are going to rest him until it heals to avoid something more serious later in the season

darn... Can't stand the guy. I can't wait to hear it if UNC struggles, the commentators will all be saying they just aren't the same with their man man, leader, out there on that floor...blah blah blah!

He is out just for a couple of weeks of practice, that's what they meant by indefitnely, the interview with Roy Williams stated that Tyler would only be out of practice, they are gonna let him rest but he would start in the first ball game.

darn... Can't stand the guy. I can't wait to hear it if UNC struggles, the commentators will all be saying they just aren't the same with their man man, leader, out there on that floor...blah blah blah!

Maybe because that's true? It's not a stupid statement when its a fact.

Maybe because that's true? It's not a stupid statement when its a fact.

With the depth that UNC has I dont think it will even be said. I dont look for them to struggle at all but like it was said earlier if they want to make a run at the title they will need Ginyard & Tyler, but thats the reason he isnt playing now so he will be back when they really need him.

Psycho T, owned by Cole Aldrich:
PH2008040602279.jpg

aldrich-over-hansbrough.jpg

nba_g_aldrich1_200.jpg

15.jpg

tyler-hansbrough-press-conf.jpg

Yup...he'll be fine and cant wait to see all the whining about UNC this yr on the board!:):p
Any whining this year will pale in comparison to the Tar Heel boo hooing after Sucko T and the rest of his intestinally challenged teammates spit it out the last two tournaments.

learning to play and continuing to dominate are altogether different ideas.

they might struggle against Kentucky (although they shouldn't) without him and probably lose to Mich St without him, but they should dominate every other game they play before the new year.

they might struggle against Kentucky (although they shouldn't) without him and probably lose to Mich St without him, but they should dominate every other game they play before the new year.
Texas will blister them in Maui if Sucko doesn't play.

Texas will blister them in Maui if Sucko doesn't play.

i forgot they were in the maui inviational. At what point would they play Texas? The championship game?

They should beat every other team there without floppy T though.

i forgot they were in the maui inviational. At what point would they play Texas? The championship game?

They should beat every other team there without floppy T though.
I'm pretty sure they and Texas are in the opposite bracket. I think Notre Dame, while overrated, could give them a run with Hansbrough out.

Looks like Carolina likely plays Chaminade, the winner of Alabama-Oregon, then Texas or Notre Dame in Maui.

I'll disagree about Notre Dame, unless they have a big man I'm unaware of. Zeller and Hillesend (sp?) aren't really that special. Is brother Ben getting to play Notre Dame this year?

I'll disagree about Notre Dame, unless they have a big man I'm unaware of. Zeller and Hillesend (sp?) aren't really that special. Is brother Ben getting to play Notre Dame this year?
Luke Harangody was the Big East player of the year last season. I'd say that qualifies as being a pretty good big man.

VN Store

Back