Happy Opening Day gentlemen

So the Astros #5 starter just came out of the pen in the sixth. Intrigued by this.

The tandem system that they are talking about for the Astros minor league teams sounds smart to me.

Could work at the major league level, too. Roster construction changing is far from the worst thing in the world.

Matt Dominguez defense is gonna be a breath of fresh air compared to Chris Johnson at the hot corner.

2nd dude in the last 60 years with multiple triples on opening day. Haha.

First save of the year gonna come from the Astros' #5 starter? Okay.

I'm still torn about Houston moving to the AL

I don't like it simply because I grew up 4 hours from Chicago and 4.5 hours from St. Louis. I'm going to miss the rivalry with the Cubs and Cardinals. I absolutely despise both teams but that's what made it so much fun playing them. Plus, a lot of friends are fans of them so we could watch games together or talk about the Central Division.

It is what it is though. I only have one team in every sport so I'll stick by em. I mean, I stuck by em after the past two seasons, how much worse can it get? Another season of being dead last? A payroll lower than what A-Rod makes in a season? Psssh... ain't no thang.

He pitched three innings. A reliever that pitches three innings to finish a game gets a save.

ahh never knew that part of the rule. so technically in a fantasy league having astros pitchers for the first couple of months could get you extra wins and saves, assuming they actually won a few games.

I'm going to the Rangers home opener Friday. 1 o'clock game against the Angels. My buddy is having a big tailgate with a keg. Early day drinking. Good times.

hopefully he brings joeckel with him or he won't get it off in time amirite

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty certain his name could easily be Johnny Baseball had he chose that route.

Really? Not knocking him just didn't know if he was a prospect in HS.

VN Store

Back