Harrison Smith to.....

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Notre Dame. Announcement coming on Friday according to ND Rivals premium site. Guess it's time to put those eggs in other baskets.

cant say i'm suprised. I think he wanted to go to UT but his parents wanted him to go to either Stanford or Notre Dame. I think parents should stay out of the recruiting process.

Yup, he's the one that will have to live in South Bend for 4 years. Either way, we have other studs to recruit.

Notre Dame. Announcement coming on Friday according to ND Rivals premium site. Guess it's time to put those eggs in other baskets.

I'd say he stays 2nd string his entire career up there for some reason unless he plays receiver. Sorry my friend but you are going to be led into mediocraty. :no:

i think he'll find playing time in the 63rd pass defense in the country but that doesnt mean much

Ummm, he has two good friends(Walker and Campbell) committed to UT so I don't see why a guy that he doesn't even talk to would sway him to ND.

Just because the ND site said he was choosing on friday doesn't mean he will choose them. I doubt he will choose UT though. I'm just saying there is still a chance.

He isn't choosing. He is announcing. He has committed to the ND coaches and will make it public Friday at his HS around 3 PM.

he'd be a linebacker at UT. You dont run a 4.6 and play safety in the SEC. He was already 210 we'd just put 15-20 more pounds on him and he'd be a good linebacker. I dont miss him in the secondary but I do wish we had him as linebacker or as reciever

He will play a stong safty for ND. Would love to have had him but I am sure he will have a good career at ND. Bring on Chris Donald.

the kid seems like a worker and starting at 375 with 4.37, he is a kid i wish was picking UT. we'll see...

There seems to be some uncertainty on this subject. I'll just wait for the official announcement although I think it's probably ND. I'm also starting to think that ND will score the TN recruiting trifecta (Tate, SMith and Donald) based on some comments from ND commit Gary Gray about talking with Donald combined with some observations of ND's recruiting patterns. As frustrating as it is to lose top in-state talent I'm not going to worry about it if UT lands a Top 5 class without those guys.

Smith I dont think is that great of a loss, but Donald would hurt. Tate would never see the field at UT on O, esp with guys like Jones and O'Neal, Vinson, and Vereen. I just think he is highly over-rated.

he'd be a linebacker at UT. You dont run a 4.6 and play safety in the SEC. He was already 210 we'd just put 15-20 more pounds on him and he'd be a good linebacker. I dont miss him in the secondary but I do wish we had him as linebacker or as reciever

Just for accuracy.....Smith runs a sub 4.4. He can fly. Plenty fast enough to play safety.

we'd be glad to have him. he will prob start his soph year in our depleted secondary. ND has to rebuild, so, while you guys might not use him, he's a welcome addition for us!

let's hope he does commit to ND, since you guys obviously don't need him and we do.... it'd be the best for both teams!

we'd be glad to have him. he will prob start his soph year in our depleted secondary. ND has to rebuild, so, while you guys might not use him, he's a welcome addition for us!

let's hope he does commit to ND, since you guys obviously don't need him and we do.... it'd be the best for both teams!
Oh don't get me wrong he would have looked better in ORANGE! Its those meetings his daddy would of had with the AD we could do without! Good Luck, based on what most have said this is daddy's decision.

i don't know that i believe that...

but if it is true, i should send him a Christmas/Thank-You card.

In the mean-time, if Smith is as devalued as you guys say, you shouldn't hold bitterness toward his dad. Maybe his dad saw the writing on the wall about the lack of PT that Harrison would get at UT, and made him go with ND, who is very thin in DB depth atm. ... this is, of course, assuming that his dad truly DID make him go to ND (which I don't personally believe).

i don't know that i believe that...

but if it is true, i should send him a Christmas/Thank-You card.

In the mean-time, if Smith is as devalued as you guys say, you shouldn't hold bitterness toward his dad. Maybe his dad saw the writing on the wall about the lack of PT that Harrison would get at UT, and made him go with ND, who is very thin in DB depth atm. ... this is, of course, assuming that his dad truly DID make him go to ND (which I don't personally believe).
How dare you doubt the word of The Sports Animal!

VN Store

Back