Harry Potter: The Series (HBO) (2026)

I'm glad to see Rowling Executive Producing and retaing the rights to the franchise.

I saw some reports that WB/Discovery wanted to make the new series or films to be American based but that Rowling wouldn't go for it.

That would be like an American 007 or Doctor Who. IMO

Reactions: Voldog1998
I am so down for this. Haven't read the books. Not really a big Harry Potter guy, but my wife is, and I do appreciate the fandom. A premium series is much more to my liking than 2.5 hr movies that go through the story too fast.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I'm glad to see Rowling Executive Producing and retaing the rights to the franchise.

I saw some reports that WB/Discovery wanted to make the new series or films to be American based but that Rowling wouldn't go for it.

That would be like an American 007 or Doctor Who. IMO

They should've done that. It needs to be different enough to ease the burden on the actors and everyone so that they're not constantly measured side by side with the old production.

I am so down for this. Haven't read the books. Not really a big Harry Potter guy, but my wife is, and I do appreciate the fandom. A premium series is much more to my liking than 2.5 hr movies that go through the story too fast.
Recommend reading the books I never read them until I was in my mid to late 20's and after I finally watched the films. I'm glad it was after seeing the films as I then could picture each character in my mind.

Just stick to the books. The movies left out/changed so much. I’m cautiously excited for it, but the films and actors are iconic and beloved so they’re fighting an uphill battle for sure.

I think it would be cool if they did a prequel miniseries say 6 to 8 episodes showing all that happened with Voldemort, Order of the Phoenix and Harry's Parents leading up to them being killed by Voldemort.

Before the new series begins.

I think it would be cool if they did a prequel miniseries say 6 to 8 episodes showing all that happened with Voldemort, Order of the Phoenix and Harry's Parents leading up to them being killed by Voldemort.

Agreed, would be awesome to see Tom riddle/lord Voldemort explored leading up to Harry’s parents deaths. Would also love to see more of Severus in those years. Hell, I even want to see Salazar slytherin and the other founders of Hogwarts clashing over purebloods, him secretly building the chamber of secrets to purge the students, etc.
So many great things they could do.

That would take away the impact of Snapey sacrifice. Yes I know it's one of those everyone already knows the story but the can't risk a ring of power

Just stick to the books. The movies left out/changed so much. I’m cautiously excited for it, but the films and actors are iconic and beloved so they’re fighting an uphill battle for sure.

I feel bad for the kids who take on these roles. They will be very scrutinized. The casting for the OG was pretty much perfect. I know I'll be comparing the new Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Snape, Draco, Voldemort, etc to the past actors.

Reactions: 615vols
I feel bad for the kids who take on these roles. They will be very scrutinized. The casting for the OG was pretty much perfect. I know I'll be comparing the new Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Snape, Draco, Voldemort, etc to the past actors.

Yep, gonna be tough for sure.

Yeah I hate to be one of those guys, but I find it hard to get excited about even though I would consider myself a “potter head”. I grew up watching the films and reading the books being the same age as the actors as they aged. I just can’t get myself hyped up for watching someone else portray those roles.

Reactions: Ttucke11

I wonder how many kids today care about HP? I've been trying to get my nieces and nephew (ages 7-10) to watch the movies or read the books and they want nothing to do with them.

Reactions: Ttucke11
I wonder how many kids today care about HP? I've been trying to get my nieces and nephew (ages 7-10) to watch the movies or read the books and they want nothing to do with them.

Idk what age range did it but Hogwarts Legacy sales say it's still a heck of a cash cow.

Reactions: 615vols
. Most kids these days would rather have their face shoved up their phones and on TikTok 24/7 than read a book

My daughter has been reading an extended fan-fiction series called the Marauders (I think). It’s about James, Sirius, etc when they were students at Hogwarts. I haven’t read it but plan to.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

My wife read the first 5 to my kids then we would watch the movies. They love it.

I only watched the first movie back in the day. Didn’t take for me then. I definitely enjoy it through their eyes though.

I'd like for them to follow the book accurately. Plenty of compelling subject matter to make it interesting

Yeah I hate to be one of those guys, but I find it hard to get excited about even though I would consider myself a “potter head”. I grew up watching the films and reading the books being the same age as the actors as they aged. I just can’t get myself hyped up for watching someone else portray those roles.

I think they need to redo the 4-7th books. They were terrible movies. They have a chance to do it right

let me explain. they did not do a good job of putting important information from the book into the movie. book 6 fwas terrible, why make it all about the love life of ron, etc.. they should have focused more on the horcrux that was way more important. so hopefully the series will provide better detail and follow the book more closely. let me know if i need to add a meme or giff for you.

VN Store

Back