Have Democrats Become the Party of the Rich?

Franklin Pierce

If you’re waiting for Democrats to talk as frankly about wealth as they do about race, don’t hold your breath.

Some recent US figures on the distribution of income by party: 65 percent of taxpayer households that earn more than $500,000 per year are now in Democratic districts; 74 percent of the households in Republican districts earn less than $100,00 per year. Add to this what we knew already, namely that the 10 richest congressional districts in the country all have Democratic representatives in Congress. The above numbers incidentally come from the Internal Revenue Service, via Bloomberg, and are likely to be more reliable than if they came from Project Veritas via theblaze.com.

We have known for some time that the dark money of Charles Koch is answered by the conspicuous money of Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Tim Cook, Sundar Pichai, George Soros, Bill Gates, and a swelling chorus of others, none of whom “identify Republican.” Yet it has been comforting, in a way, to continue believing that real wealth resides with the old enemy: Big Oil and Big Tobacco and the rest. They were the ultimate source of the power that distorted American society and politics.

Have Democrats Become the Party of the Rich?

But to be honest the Republican Party is also a party of and for the rich.

the Libertarian Party is a party of people who like to bitch and say “well I didn’t vote for that guy”.

I know that .... ;) I just didn't feel like doing all the typing.

But to be honest the Republican Party is also a party of and for the rich.

the Libertarian Party is a party of people who like to bitch and say “well I didn’t vote for that guy”.
Lol I know. I like so much of the Libertarian policies now and they have morphed a tad over the last 20 years but their campaign mantra is just “those other two guys suck!” 😂

Lol I know. I like so much of the Libertarian policies now and they have morphed a tad over the last 20 years but their campaign mantra is just “those other two guys suck!” 😂

IMO most self identifying Libertarians are really Democrats too ashamed to admit it. Or just like to be contrarians without taking any responsibility.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Democrats and Republicans are beholden to their donors, not guys like us. The sooner our country realizes it, the better.

Reactions: tnutater
Yes, but they always want tax rates raised. Ironically, they are taking all possible deductions before that tax hike happens though.
I’ve never understood the rationale behind the SALT deduction. Granted I live in an expensive home and take every penny of it but I still think it’s stupid. It invites tax heavy Democrat states to do just that tax heavy. Then it unevenly burdens tax lighter states with a higher federal burden. It’s ********. But I’m gonna take every advantage of it!

I’ve never understood the rationale behind the SALT deduction. Granted I live in an expensive home and take every penny of it but I still think it’s stupid. It invites tax heavy Democrat states to do just that tax heavy. Then it unevenly burdens tax lighter states with a higher federal burden. It’s ********. But I’m gonna take every advantage of it!

Yeah Texas has fooled almost everyone about what it really is.

Wait, since when has the left had honest discussion about race?

A high tax state.
Lol ok. Its becoming that way on property taxes for sure the way they are sky rocketing. I max the SALT cap each year on the house alone forget sales tax averaging.

Self regulating though we don’t need to live in this damn place. At current growth rates it will be valued around $1M in a couple of years. No way I’d pay that for it. Zillow says $919k now thankfully tax records are way below that but they will catch up.

Lol ok. Its becoming that way on property taxes for sure the way they are sky rocketing. I max the SALT cap each year on the house alone forget sales tax averaging.

Self regulating though we don’t need to live in this damn place. At current growth rates it will be valued around $1M in a couple of years. No way I’d pay that for it. Zillow says $919k now thankfully tax records are way below that but they will catch up.

It’s getting to be expensive for small businesses in TX also. Sure they can lure in the bigs but they kill us smalls.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back