Heard questionable. Not good.

Did you read the report, OP?

Per GoVols247
“Tennessee coach Josh Heupel suggested that Heard could have played against the Golden Flashes.”
He said after the game: “We held a couple of guys tonight that could have gone. Just for the longevity of this season, we held them out tonight.”

Questionable is looking more of a probable, imo. Maybe they’re keeping info closer to the belt…

Per GoVols247
“Tennessee coach Josh Heupel suggested that Heard could have played against the Golden Flashes.”
He said after the game: “We held a couple of guys tonight that could have gone. Just for the longevity of this season, we held them out tonight.”

Questionable is looking more of a probable, imo. Maybe they’re keeping info closer to the belt…
Yes, I read the report.
Heupel lies about injuries. He’s old school about that. I get it.
Now he has to use one of the vague words the SEC has foisted upon him. I bet he knows right now if Heard will be available, probable, or doubtful for Saturday. He will only share what he has to with opponents. I’m just saying don’t take what he or any coach say about injuries as gospel.
I don’t think Heard plays Saturday but, of course, I hope I’m wrong.

The second most important position on the OL and our stud 5* LT is still injured. That’s spectacular.
My understanding is if player misses the game, they have to be on the injury report the next game. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

Go Vols!!

Yes, I read the report.
Heupel lies about injuries. He’s old school about that. I get it.
Now he has to use one of the vague words the SEC has foisted upon him. I bet he knows right now if Heard will be available, probable, or doubtful for Saturday. He will only share what he has to with opponents. I’m just saying don’t take what he or any coach say about injuries as gospel.
I don’t think Heard plays Saturday but, of course, I hope I’m wrong.

Based on what?

Austin Price even said he was fine and could have played last week.

We always want a full stable of horses but even without Secretariat we’ve got a more than capable OL to win this game and the next couple. Even if he had to sit out until Alabama I still believe we roll into that game undefeated.

I am betting that Lance is 90% and will play much of the game. Our coaches are good at keeping talented OL operational throughout the season even while banged up (see: Cooper Mays)

Per GoVols247

Heupel definitely signs off on the injury report. He said questionable, and that means he may or may not, without leaning it toward playing, i.e. probable. Heupel sees more practice than we do (or the guys on 247 do), we have to assume he has a reason. OU is going to assume he is playing regardless since he wasn't listed "out'.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
It just makes the edge rusher studying film and tendencies have to study two dudes as much as possible instead of just one.
Heup can’t lie and say “doubtful” and then have the dude play the whole game or the fines rack up fast and furious - third strike is 100grand.

I suspect the final report due 90 minutes prior to kick shows him as playing.

Man, BVS is still an amazing affliction! We have an amazing team, most pundits are picking us to easily handle Oklahoma and the entire staff seems relaxed. What are we doing, freaking out and arguing over an absolute nothing of an injury report. All CJH has to say is questionable, game time decision. That keeps OKU guessing and meets the requirements. Those stressing, take a chill pill. The only lineman I would seriously be worried if they were out was not listed. We will show the Sooners the door sooner than they want.

It is interesting because both OU and Tennessee have guys returning that they were holding back. Seems like both teams were really focused more on this game than their past OOC competition.

Man, BVS is still an amazing affliction! We have an amazing team, most pundits are picking us to easily handle Oklahoma and the entire staff seems relaxed. What are we doing, freaking out and arguing over an absolute nothing of an injury report. All CJH has to say is questionable, game time decision. That keeps OKU guessing and meets the requirements. Those stressing, take a chill pill. The only lineman I would seriously be worried if they were out was not listed. We will show the Sooners the door sooner than they want.
A lot of us are chonic sufferers, but we really haven't played anybody yet and until we beat OU, Arky, and UF I won't feel comfortable with where we are either. Actually I won't even be happy unless we score 50 points in all of those games and shut their offenses down completely.

Reactions: Pride85

VN Store

Back