Heard Today there’s a Murder Epidemic in East Knoxville

The one boy that was shot and drove off before wrecking was shot in front of 8 to 10 other kids and none of them has said anything. Surely someone saw the shooter.

Yea, I've been wondering about that. Seems like KCS and everyone involved are working the PR pretty hard. I have to believe some, if not all, of these kids are involved in the gang lifestyle.
I’m guessing the boy that was killed leaving school was. I saw his Facebook photos, and if he wasn’t then he definitely wanted to portray himself as one with the colors and hand gestures.

When I was a teen and gangs started showing up in my town harassing people at the local mall, a group of fathers had enough. They showed up one night, stood in the middle of the thugs that were trying to intimidate people and then knocked out one of the leaders in front of his homies. Needless to say, that solved the gang problem for a while. The police there, just like everywhere else covered up the gang issues and told the public that there weren’t any gangs and there was nothing to worry about, but that wasn’t the least bit true.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It’s more complicated than the FB Karen’s acknowledge but it’s because:

- the Imperial Vice Lords and other gangs are in a turf war over drugs now that their 4th generation of thugs are hitting that age
- Several gang members from Detroit to Memphis to Atlanta and Chattanooga are involved in this violence.
- the Mayor and Chief Thomas have had a “hands off” liberal city response to BLM and have directed KPD not to use their resources in the problem areas until now in order not to offend black people
- KPD is having severe issues with staffing and recruitment with the liberal way the mayor utilizes Thomas as a puppet. They only have about half their officer positions full and even then too many “woke” rookies with inexperience.
- courts in knox county have been closed to COVID so most criminals are being granted bond free releases and are committing crimes over and over
- the East Knox community knows who is doing this but is unwilling to help with any information that would put these people behind bars
Pretty spot on. They assume we just need more jobs and better schools.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Young. It was closed and combined with South HS a few years after I went through.

I have my departed Pappaws HS ring from Young class of 1950. My parents both went to Seymour though. Dad missed valedictorian by a few hundredths of a point and had to settle for 2nd place. Has 2 masters degrees and rank of Colonel in USAF and it still ate his lunch til the day he passed in 2019. The very next year in 2020 my son was valedictorian, but cancer took my dad a year before he could see it. The only thing my Dad ever shed a tear about in the 9 weeks cancer ate him alive was not being able to attend my little brothers funeral at Ft. Griffin. I stood in for my Dad at my little brothers funeral because he was in the hospital in Knoxville, then wrote and gave the eulogy for my Dad 2 months later. Lost those 2 in 2019 and then my last 2 grandparents in 2020. Worst years of my life by far. Hopefully the next few are better
Go Vols

I have my departed Pappaws HS ring from Young class of 1950. My parents both went to Seymour though. Dad missed valedictorian by a few hundredths of a point and had to settle for 2nd place. Has 2 masters degrees and rank of Colonel in USAF and it still ate his lunch til the day he passed in 2019. The very next year in 2020 my son was valedictorian, but cancer took my dad a year before he could see it. The only thing my Dad ever shed a tear about in the 9 weeks cancer ate him alive was not being able to attend my little brothers funeral at Ft. Griffin. I stood in for my Dad at my little brothers funeral because he was in the hospital in Knoxville, then wrote and gave the eulogy for my Dad 2 months later. Lost those 2 in 2019 and then my last 2 grandparents in 2020. Worst years of my life by far. Hopefully the next few are better
Go Vols
You had a rough couple of years. We’ve talked about the Seymour connection. South Knoxville in the 60s and early 70s was a great place to grow up. It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol too. Still.

Reactions: StarRaider
Go Vols
Small world. My brother graduated from Seymour in '73 so I'm sure must have known your parents. Would you mind sharing last names? If not, I can give you my email address if you would prefer.

I dont live in Knoxville and only go to see games or as I am headed to Gatlinburg.

It has always felt like it had rougher areas compared to nashville but this is a total perception of mine and based on no facts.

How does it compare to Nashville?

If the comments in this thread are true and the KPD can not fill its positions that doesn’t bode well for the citizens of Knoxville and the legacy of the mayor and police chief.
Are the leaders of knoxville going to rule or are the gangs, because the gangs won’t stop until they are stopped

I dont live in Knoxville and only go to see games or as I am headed to Gatlinburg.

It has always felt like it had rougher areas compared to nashville but this is a total perception of mine and based on no facts.

Nashville is more dangerous. Chattanooga is more dangerous than both.

I dont think Knoxville is that dangerous. This is really rare, 3 homicides from one HS. Heck, I dont have memory of the last homicide of a high schooler, prior to these 3.

Reactions: NEO
Nashville is more dangerous. Chattanooga is more dangerous than both.
Or hasn’t been.....3 HS students, a “road rage” killing that was much more and shootings/killings nightly for the last several months says things are not going in the right direction and the media and politicians are ostriches or think we are.

Knoxville high school shooting leaves cop Injured and 1 Dead: police say

Multiple agencies are at the scene of the shooting in Austin-East Magnet High School, police say

A police officer was injured and one person was killed Monday afternoon in a mass shooting at a high school in Knoxville, police said.

KNOXVILLE-5.jpg

Knoxville high school shooting leaves cop injured and 1 dead: police say

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
The $100 million of reparations is being doled out at $10 million/year for 10 years. But it is being wasted by creating yet another government office to administer another government program. As if there isn’t enough government already in place.

What is this all about??

Stay away from democrat strongholds, like any city, and its really safe. Memphis and Chattanooga are the worst though in the state.

Come over to Shelby County if you want to see a murder epidemic..

Last edited:
Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back