Heisman Hype

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I think too much pressure is directed Nico's way, or at least too much expectation. As a Vols fan, I understand the eagerness for instant success to take the foul taste of decades of irrelevance from our mouths. While I'd love to see Nicie lead us to heights we haven't seen since the 90s, I advocate patience. Heup is a QB developer, and Nico will likely need more than a debut year to even sniff some of the expectations fans have on him. Unlike Hooker, he doesn't come to us with a lot of college ball experience to mesh with obvious talent. My only concern is our expectations doesn't mess with his head.

Heisman Hype

I think too much pressure is directed Nico's way, or at least too much expectation. As a Vols fan, I understand the eagerness for instant success to take the foul taste of decades of irrelevance from our mouths. While I'd love to see Nicie lead us to heights we haven't seen since the 90s, I advocate patience. Heup is a QB developer, and Nico will likely need more than a debut year to even sniff some of the expectations fans have on him. Unlike Hooker, he doesn't come to us with a lot of college ball experience to mesh with obvious talent. My only concern is our expectations doesn't mess with his head.

Heisman Hype
Let the fans worry. Nico will be fine.

VOLS going to have to start off like 8-0 and win some big games before you can even think about mentioning Heisman.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Hopefully he's the type that could care less what people hope or think and just does his thing. He's of Samoan descent, they are supposedly laid back.

With very limited viewing time of Nico in game, I haven't seen anything to indicate he isn't cool under pressure. I think he's gonna be fine.

A few things, we vol fans don’t care who wins the Heisman. The award is junk. Second, Nico is not a freshman, he is a redshirt freshman. Many great qb’s have had breakout years as a redshirt freshman. College careers are short, especially when you redshirt. If he is great we have two short years with him. He needs to make his mark this year. It is ok to be great!

Nico is going to tear it up this year. No need to wait for "a year from now" to talk Heisman. We'll be watching Nico sit in a crowded, wood-paneled room in New York City in about 5 months.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
A few things, we vol fans don’t care who wins the Heisman. The award is junk. Second, Nico is not a freshman, he is a redshirt freshman. Many great qb’s have had breakout years as a redshirt freshman. College careers are short, especially when you redshirt. If he is great we have two short years with him. He needs to make his mark this year. It is ok to be great!
Love your outlook!!!!! Fact is, Nicie hasn't played one full SEC game opponent yet. I hope he proves to be more than capable of beating them all. But facts are facts.

Nico’s one start was against ONE of the best defensive units in the nation! He didn’t even blink while leading his team to a 35 to zip victory! Do any of these prognosticators even remember that game! We be fine! We win ten going away and there will only be a couple of nail biters! That should be enough to make the final 12! NC State will have to get real tough to prove me wrong!

Nico’s one start was against ONE of the best defensive units in the nation! He didn’t even blink while leading his team to a 35 to zip victory! Do any of these prognosticators even remember that game! We be fine! We win ten going away and there will only be a couple of nail biters! That should be enough to make the final 12! NC State will have to get real tough to prove me wrong!
If we run thru NCST, OK, FL, Bama, Nico will be on the map. Agree on Iowa defense being legit, but the SEC D coordinators are good, and will scout him up, similar to when a new pitcher comes up in big leagues and rolls thru teams until they scout tendencies. Nico will probably have some rookie moments, but as long as he doesn't turn the ball over and is generally efficient, I think we'll have a pretty dang good year.

Heisman is a media pop contest. That being said, Nico just has to have a huge year along with his team. I refuse to believe such things can only happen at other schools. Bring it!

Reactions: mercuryvol

Heisman Hype
Decades of Irrelevance??? Someone better hide the sharp objects…

Exactly. His college career is just going to be a speck compared to his entire playing career. Being a great collegiate QB starts now.

Decades of Irrelevance??? Someone better hide the sharp objects…
Fulmer sent packing - 2008
Pruitt's Folly - 2011
This era in dog years - 53 years. Five plus decades.

I trust Nathan, my dog. He's smart, goofy, even exasperatingly annoying, but he's smart. Doesn't like sharp objects, though. Now me, on the other hand, I like crossbow hunting, harvesting stinging nettles to substitute for spinach, and grabbing strange cats by the tail.

I have high hopes for him unless a player from Michigan is on the ballot. If so, you know what will happen. E$PN will have their way.

VN Store

Back