Help Understanding College Baseball

I have never followed college baseball. I followed the MLB but am not a huge fan but I am a huge Vols fan. Can someone here explain how college baseball works in the aspect of making it to the College WS. The formula seems confusing to me.

How are teams selected to the super regionals?

Basically, I know nothing and was hoping someone could explain it.

Thanks.
Start your education by going to the local Little League Park and work your way up. I am serious here, by watching the growth steps you will have a greater appreciation for the game.

Seeding is a bit subjective for the purposes of determining who hosts. It takes some soft factors partly into account... things like your facilities, like what's your stadium capacity or do you have a visiting team locker room, or maybe just another nearby building or something like that. Or whether your town has sufficient hotels to accommodate visiting team fans within an hour or so of the venue. Unless you don't want things like that to be a factor, in which case you can just ignore it all and base it on who's retiring soon.

Seeding is a bit subjective for the purposes of determining who hosts. It takes some soft factors partly into account... things like your facilities, like what's your stadium capacity or do you have a visiting team locker room, or maybe just another nearby building or something like that. Or whether your town has sufficient hotels to accommodate visiting team fans within an hour or so of the venue. Unless you don't want things like that to be a factor, in which case you can just ignore it all and base it on who's retiring soon.
The only thing they take into consideration is whether you have an Applebees or not 😜

I like to assume that we just need to win 5 in a row? And that’s all that matters?
The champion can still lose 2 games (one in the bracket and one in the championship series).

Basically the CWS is two 4 team regionals with the two region champs facing off in a best 2/3 super regional.

I am pretty sure L-L-L-Lsu lost to WF in the bracket and also lost once to Fla in the championship series last year.

Home team rules

1718224746574.png

everything you could want to know here

Last edited:
The champion can still lose 2 games (one in the bracket and one in the championship series).

Basically the CWS is two 4 team regionals with the two region champs facing off in a best 2/3 super regional.

I am pretty sure L-L-L-Lsu lost to WF in the bracket and also lost once to Fla in the championship series last year.

Home team rules

View attachment 648119

everything you could want to know here

Yes, LSU lost their Game 2 to Wake, then beat us and double dipped Wake to make the championship. Then they won 2 of 3 to beat Florida. Wake was so close to breaking the curse last year. One of those losses was a walk off bomb to LSU in extras. Pretty sure it was the win-or-go home game too. Crappy way to go out. Hopefully we finish the deal like they couldn’t last year.

Reactions: StarRaider
Yes, LSU lost their Game 2 to Wake, then beat us and double dipped Wake to make the championship. Then they won 2 of 3 to beat Florida. Wake was so close to breaking the curse last year. One of those losses was a walk off bomb to LSU in extras. Pretty sure it was the win-or-go home game too. Crappy way to go out. Hopefully we finish the deal like they couldn’t last year.
Guys, I understand how it works but winning 5 straight is a LOCK to win it all. That’s the goal. I don’t want any losses at all

Guys, I understand how it works but winning 5 straight is a LOCK to win it all. That’s the goal. I don’t want any losses at all
Ideally that would be what everyone wants but baseball isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. Just have to win 5 out of 7 or 6 out of 8. What we can’t have happen is lose our first game and be forced to win 6 out of 7 games. That has only been done 3 times in the current format. And only 12 have done it in the history of the event. So only 17% of Game 1 losers end up winning the national championship. It’s imperative to at least win Game 1.

Ideally that would be what everyone wants but baseball isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. Just have to win 5 out of 7 or 6 out of 8. What we can’t have happen is lose our first game and be forced to win 6 out of 7 games. That has only been done 3 times in the current format. And only 12 have done it in the history of the event. So only 17% of Game 1 losers end up winning the national championship. It’s imperative to at least win Game 1.
Beisbal & perspective are good partners. Just ask Chico Escuela.

Attachments

• berry, berry good...Garrett Morris.jpg
    berry, berry good...Garrett Morris.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back