Help with Argument Rebuttals concerning Vanderbilt!!

No use arguing about this season, particularly since it is less than half over with the toughest part of Vandy's schedule still to come. Just remind him that the Dores have beaten the Vols exactly 1 time in his lifetime. Use that as many times as possible between now and the time we play them this year.

Looks like the best bet is to let it go because it is one season and I will let him have it. They won't win the SEC or the east and will probably finish outside of the top 25. Most Vandy fans are accustomed to losing and it seems like all the fans want is a chance to travel to a bowl game. I'm just worried that we might not get that chance this year. I'll be in Athens to cheer on the Vols this weekend and hope we pull out a similar win we had the past 2 outings.

It's just not worth it to worry about what a Vandy fan has to say when we still have UGA and Bama on the schedule.

My friend, who is a recent graduate from Vanderbilt, continues to belittle UT's program this year. He keeps talking smack about our program and our lackluster performance this year. He uses words and terms that are inaapropriate for this site.

I have been by his side with Vandy all season and have cheered them to victory. Yet he continues to bash TN to my face given that this is the first year his Dores might finish better than the Vols.

So I'm asking for help from my fellow brethren to assist in my arguments against Vandy this year. It has proven to be a little tougher than years past.

Thanks Nation!!!

I think many SEC fans (including UT) work under the assumption that being supportive of Vandy fans when they are playing a team other then their own is somehow a good thing.

It is not!!! It is patronizing and a bit like patting them on the head and telling them "you've got a lot to be proud of, bless your heart."

Cheer for your team, don't cross over, and kick the other guy when he's down. That's SEC football. If you want to be nic to other teams or have others be nice to you then go to enjoy a Saturday at a Sun Belt game.

I think many SEC fans (including UT) work under the assumption that being supportive of Vandy fans when they are playing a team other then their own is somehow a good thing.

It is not!!! It is patronizing and a bit like patting them on the head and telling them "you've got a lot to be proud of, bless your heart."

Cheer for yout team, don't cross over, and kick the other guy when he's down.

This should go into the first post hall of fame. Very nicely done and welcome to the board nashishome.

My friend, who is a recent graduate from Vanderbilt, continues to belittle UT's program this year. He keeps talking smack about our program and our lackluster performance this year. He uses words and terms that are inappropriate for this site.

I have been by his side with Vandy all season and have cheered them to victory. Yet he continues to bash TN to my face given that this is the first year his Dores might finish better than the Vols.

So I'm asking for help from my fellow brethren to assist in my arguments against Vandy this year. It has proven to be a little tougher than years past.

Thanks Nation!!!

Why is Vandy 5 - 0??????

They took MTSU off their schedule!!!!:eek:lol:

Ask if they are going to wear their ascot accessory package when we play them this year?

Ask the last time they were 5-0???

1943 is when and the rest of the SEC didn't field teams because we were fighting a war to protect their sorry buttocks!!!

Here is their schedule for that year.

W 10-18-1943 Candy 20 Tennessee Tech 0 Cookeville, TN

W 10-23-1943 Candy 40 Fort Campbell (KY) 14 Fort Campbell, KY

W 10-30-1943 Candy 26 Milligan (TN) 6 Nashville, TN

W 11-06-1943 Candy 12 Carson-Newman (TN) 6 Nashville, TN

W 11-25-1943 Candy 45 Tennessee Tech 7 Nashville, TN

sadly, you're very likely to just have to take the beating.

On a relative basis, Vandy has outperformed UT by light years. Your hope lies in our pathetic outfit beating Vandy at Memorial. I hope I'm dead wrong, but I don't like our chances right now.

I hope you're dead wrong too!:)

be a man and bend over. my uncle is a vandy fan (he's an uncle by marriage). i gotta take the abuse, i agree w/ him and say that fulmer has run the program into the ground

Way to stand up for our guy!:no:

My friends and I have always called them the Vandy Common Whores, try that approach and see it if works.

Hey now!!!!! :angry:

(one of my kids has a degree from Vandy, even then the tassel was orange, for engineering school and though they won graduation year, '05, they lost to MTSU and another of my children has a Raider degree so I didn't have to put up with too much)

Cheer for your team, don't cross over, and kick the other guy when he's down. That's SEC football. If you want to be nic to other teams or have others be nice to you then go to enjoy a Saturday at a Sun Belt game.

Dude, it's Vandy :eek:hmy:

Your friend obviously knows how to take advantage of a situation. He/she knows that there will, in all probability, be very few chances within his/her lifetime to yell and boast at your expense. Let him/her have his/her "moment" and then bust his/her tiny little balls/ovaries when the enivitable happens. And it will.

BTW I have a female friend doing the same to me.

My friend, who is a recent graduate from Vanderbilt, continues to belittle UT's program this year. He keeps talking smack about our program and our lackluster performance this year. He uses words and terms that are inaapropriate for this site.

Thanks Nation!!!

Yeah, that sounds like your typical Vandy grad.

VN Store

Back