Hendon Hooker starting for the Lions tonight

Interesting decision by Lions not to give Goff a series
I think there's a couple things in play here. For on thing Goff is now an 8yr vet and other than maybe a bit of work somewhere in the preseason I don't think the staff is looking to work something out with him. Then of course he just inked a 200+ million dollar contract. I think the biggest issue though is how undetermined the backup role at QB is right now. They've got a guy in Sudfeld that since coming into the league in '17 has 35 pass attempts, 1TD and 1 INT. Then there's Hooker who despite coming into the league last year just finished his first fall camp and will be taking the first real snaps of his career tonight. I'm quite sure the Lions are going to spend most of what time they have left in preseason trying to work out what's what behind Goff.

Interesting decision by Lions not to give Goff a series

You kidding? These days it's a lot if the big money starters get a half in the entire preseason. They're so scared of injuries that they have gutted the preseason and made the first 2-3 weeks of the regular season a de facto preseason. The NFL is an absolute joke, I quit watching four years ago and am so happy to have my Sundays back.

With that said, I'll be following the progress of all the VFL's in the league and hope for their success.

VN Store

Back