Herbstreit comments during GA spring game. . .

Quite honestly, I don't think any of the comments from Kiffin hit home with the players. Do you honestly think they care about Kiffin calling their coach a cheater? It resonated with the fan base and the administration - but the players, I would think not.

Know what? You're probably right.

gameday will be in gainesville. Can't imagine them being anywhere else. Last time, and the only time, i got to visit gainesville....vols came away with a win! I think it was 2003...game with hail mary at half time to James Banks for TD! It was hot as hell that day...but we had a great time.

That was a hot day! I was actually at an FSU game that day with some FSU friends of mine and I remember sweating like a whore in church!

it will definitely be the biggest game that week between bitter rivals and the publicity would be off the chain. espn will not have a choice but to take gameday to gainesville that weekend.

No, no, that's not what I meant. Of course I did not think before this that UT had much of a shot. But I did worry that the Gators might take them for granted and come out a bit flat. Not worried about that anymore.

Of course, that also means that if UT should pull the upset, I'll lose my best excuse. But so be it.
you got tebow for that.

i don't think this stuff will matter all that much to Florida, simply because they are better than us, and should win.

and now, i guess you "really" should win.

Quite honestly, I don't think any of the comments from Kiffin hit home with the players. Do you honestly think they care about Kiffin calling their coach a cheater? It resonated with the fan base and the administration - but the players, I would think not.

Spikes told ESPN they do.

I think Monte may have something for the Florida qb. He'll throw something at him he's yet to see IMO.

Spikes told ESPN they do.

just my opinion, but Spikes could probably give a d@mn what Lane Kiffin said. he is just saying what he thinks a leader should. did Kiffins words get their attention? yes, but i highly doubt their feeling were hurt. the whole ordeal is basically the media whispering in UFs ear, "Ohhhhh, did you hear what he said about you? You gonna do something about it?"

just my opinion, but Spikes could probably give a d@mn what Lane Kiffin said. he is just saying what he thinks a leader should. did Kiffins words get their attention? yes, but i highly doubt their feeling were hurt. the whole ordeal is basically the media whispering in UFs ear, "Ohhhhh, did you hear what he said about you? You gonna do something about it?"
I agree. Basically middle school strategy trying to get the second level lineman to fight the stud of the team just to see a good slugfest.

Vick got alot of publicity as well. You sure you want potential recruits see you get whipped? Yeah, that would make a great impression.

so you think they haven't been watching for the past couple of years?

Gameday will only be there if it is an ESPN broadcast. The new policy is not to promote a game with Gameday if it is carried by a competing network.

Last I checked SEC and ESPN had a big fat rich contract together, so if ESPN wants the game, ESPN has the game. So since that's taken care of, Gameday is a free to go if they'd like. :hi:

EDIT: I stand corrected, I just read that CBS would be carrying the game. Didn't expect that one...

Last I checked SEC and ESPN had a big fat rich contract together, so if ESPN wants the game, ESPN has the game. So since that's taken care of, Gameday is a free to go if they'd like. :hi:

EDIT: I stand corrected, I just read that CBS would be carrying the game. Didn't expect that one...
Good edit. CBS has priority over which game gets picked on a given Saturday. ESPN gets second choice. The difference is they were broadcasting largely Big Ten games in primetime.

Good edit...Gary (I Love Teblow) Danielson and Verne Lundquist have been a curse to us. Please bring back Ron Franklin and UT to ESPN for big games!

Last edited:
No, no, that's not what I meant. Of course I did not think before this that UT had much of a shot. But I did worry that the Gators might take them for granted and come out a bit flat. Not worried about that anymore.

Of course, that also means that if UT should pull the upset, I'll lose my best excuse. But so be it.

The odds of UF coming out tight are now equal to the chance that they would come out flat.

gameday will be in gainesville. Can't imagine them being anywhere else. Last time, and the only time, i got to visit gainesville....vols came away with a win! I think it was 2003...game with hail mary at half time to James Banks for TD! It was hot as hell that day...but we had a great time.

Yeah I was at that game as well. What a great time it was....giving the gator fans the chomp in their own house......priceless!!

"If Kiffin pulled that upset off..This whole state of Tennessee would be in a FRENZY"

Yes, and it would be AWESOME!!!!:dance::dance2::rock::worship:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back