Herbstreit says Tennessee has the best entrance in CFB

I know some of our fans want to claim Herbie hates Tennessee because he doesn’t say everything they want to hear, but he’s always been complimentary about our program and traditions.

In 2022, he predicted we would lose to Vanderbilt…

Herbie also said in 2022 that college football felt complete when Tennessee football was a power and that the 3rd Saturday in October was 2nd to none when Alabama and Tennessee are both strong.
Yeah but sometimes he says things that some of our fans don’t agree with, so they pitch a conniption.

We have a childish element to this fan base. I guess we’re not the only ones.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Labels are just easier than nuanced thinking.
I think we are very protective of our school and carry an enormous chip on our shoulder. That’s part of what we are. We are very passionate, that’s an awesome thing be, certainly better than being apathetic. I also think at times it can be detrimental to what we are as well.

I will never forget nor forgive ESPN's frantic campaign to see that Charles Woodson won the '97 Heisman over Peyton. For those who don't know or remember: ABC who owned ESPN desperately wanted Woodson to win the Heisman so they could showcase him in advertisements for the '98 Rose Bowl being aired on ABC.

Herbstreet was huge part of that campaign.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Cannot argue with Kirk on this one.

"The best entrance. Boy I had a chance to see this a couple of years ago and be reminded," Herbstreit said. "Now that Tennessee is back playing great football, boy there is not a better scene than Neyland Stadium, especially at night. And when they go through that power T, it opens up with the band and the team comes out, what an awesome atmosphere and a great way to get you fired up for the football game."

Reactions: GameTime
Meh, Herbstreit is alright.

Yes, I remember when he called Gaulden out for flipping birds at some Bama fans. And I remember him picking us to lose a few times against inferior opponents on College Gameday in recent years. And yep, he acted like a schoolmarm and tried to slap our collective hands when we revolted against Currie in his attempt to hire Schiano. And yes, Herbstreit was on set when Chris Fowler spent a couple of weeks openly lobbying for Woodson to win the Heisman over Peyton.

damn.

You know what? Screw Herbstreit. I started this post to defend him, but the more I remember, the more, yeah, just screw that fella.

Go Vols!

I’m old(er) and have had my memory questioned more than once in recent years, but, if recall correctly, running through the T, checkerboard end zones, and the power T on helmets all had their start during Dickey’s tenure.

These guys have behind the scenes info we don’t. They can tell when a team is about to get hot and in the limelight again. I am seeing TN mentioned everywhere now. They know we are about to be back.

VN Store

Back