Here's the TSIO Trifecta:

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Tennessee leaps firmly back into the playoff conversation as a result of that combo, and is poised for a run to Atlanta as well. It would then all come down to Vols-Dawgs in mid-November.

What do you think the chances are that all three of those (mild*) upsets happen?

Go Vols!

* The lines on all three games are less than 5 points difference.

I want it just as bad as everyone else, but right now, that's Schrödinger's Trifecta, JP.
Heh, yep.

But you're not saying it's super unlikely, man. Which warms my heart.

More than anything, this comes from me trying to figure out which games I want to pay attention to this weekend (beyond the Vols, of course). ;)

Go Vols!

Heh, yep.

But you're not saying it's super unlikely, man. Which warms my heart.

More than anything, this comes from me trying to figure out which games I want to pay attention to this weekend (beyond the Vols, of course). ;)

Go Vols!
LOL, C'MON,MAN! You know it's those three games, followed immediately by pulling for the rest of the teams who currently out-rank us to lose! Not a joke...

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Not for Atlanta. We need some help pushing people aside to get to Atlanta. That's where the other games come in.

But what do you think the chances are of all three happening?

Is it better to not be in Atlanta and still make the playoff?

The best playoff position is #5. That team plays the #12 team at home and then worst champion (which might be the 20th ranked team in polls). We would be favored in both games. Easiest path to semis

-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Tennessee leaps firmly back into the playoff conversation as a result of that combo, and is poised for a run to Atlanta as well. It would then all come down to Vols-Dawgs in mid-November.

What do you think the chances are that all three of those (mild*) upsets happen?

Go Vols!

I'll come back and apologize if I am wrong, but Georgia isn't beating Texas. Georgia has greatly regressed and they'll slip up again after Texas. Arkansas and LSU is going to be interesting though.

If we beat Bama and UGA only loses one more to TX and we are competitive, I think we are still in top 12 even with UGA loss on the road. But this presumes our offense cleans up assignments and rolls some to look good.

The best playoff position is #5. That team plays the #12 team at home and then worst champion (which might be the 20th ranked team in polls). We would be favored in both games. Easiest path to semis
It is always better to be in Atlanta, imho.

Always.

Because you don't base your plans on losing. We can only win the SEC championship if we're in Atlanta. There is no other way.

Go Vols!

-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Go Vols!

I never want GA to win. In fact, if they lose they'll drop, which would allow us to move up and still helps with ATL. We need to beat them regardless though

As much as I agree with this, I think that getting that #5 seed is assuming A LOT from the Tennessee/SEC-hating AP voters and the CFP Selection Committee...

We just need to beat Bama or GA (or both ideally) and we are highly likely to be in the playoffs. It will take some losses other places.

However, there is some risk, as there will likely be at least one 2 loss team left out of the playoffs since the highest rated group of 5 conference champ gets an automatic bid. For reference, if the 12 team playoff was around last year, Oklahoma would have been out and Liberty would have been in.

I should have said “playoff discussion.” Definitely a lllooonnnggg way to go no matter what happens this Saturday.

Kentucky likely won’t be a walkover, either.
yeah I agree... and Miss State even came back on Georgia... it's a wild year. I believe anyone could beat anyone on any given Saturday (in the SEC)

Reactions: EZE

I'm sure the playoff will be expanded, as greed begets greed, but they would have to change that somehow if they kept the 12-team playoff. I honestly might take the 5 seed over playing in the SEC championship game - you have the easiest path and you're half way home.

VN Store

Back