Here's the TSIO Trifecta:

-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Tennessee leaps firmly back into the playoff conversation as a result of that combo, and is poised for a run to Atlanta as well. It would then all come down to Vols-Dawgs in mid-November.

What do you think the chances are that all three of those (mild*) upsets happen?

Go Vols!

* The lines on all three games are less than 5 points difference.
I think Texas beats GA

Arkansas always plays LSU well and they are home so that wouldn’t surprise me.

UGA will play with a chip on their shoulder and are also at home. This one wouldn’t surprise me either.

Vols are at home and Bama looks like they have issues like us so this game is 50/50 in my opinion

Of the three, we have the best chance at the "upset", followed by Arky over LSU (would love to see this happen just for Brian Kelley's blood pressure...didn't like the guy at ND, don't like him now either).

UGA has a chance, but man, everything right now is just falling Texas' way.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Not for Atlanta. We need some help pushing people aside to get to Atlanta. That's where the other games come in.

But what do you think the chances are of all three happening?

Independently, a really good chance. All three happening is low. That’s why Vegas loves to allow bettors to tease the lines in a parlay.

But, if Vols somehow pull this one out, there is a great chance for Atlanta no matter what happens this Saturday in other games.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Tennessee leaps firmly back into the playoff conversation as a result of that combo, and is poised for a run to Atlanta as well. It would then all come down to Vols-Dawgs in mid-November.

What do you think the chances are that all three of those (mild*) upsets happen?

Go Vols!

I think 2 of those 3 will happen. Expecting all 3 is asking a bit much.. lets do our part and hope the puppies do their end. LSU Arky dunno man that's a coin flip. In the case of Texas they need the Welcome to the SEC moment. I don't think anyone else remaining on their schedule is up to the task. Vandy has to be about out of magic at this point. Maybe A&M does the whole rivalry upset but in my mind they are not like a full SEC team yet. It has to be one of the original 12. Florida's interim coach won't be ready. Kentucky is Kentucky, like Vandy, they used up their magic for the season.

You know they got lots of wealthy grads. They could become a power in the NIL age.
Yah, they definitely do.

On the other hand, just about 0% of them care anything about sports. I learned that first hand in the four years my daughters were there.

Their money is far more likely to go to the new library or engineering school building than to the AD or an NIL collective.

Go Vols!

-- Vols beat Bama
--Georgia beats Texas
--Arkansas beats LSU

Go Vols!

The Georgia-Texas game will be a slug fest.

I want Georgia to have 2 loses. At this point, Texas can lose to Georgia and A&M and still make it.
If Georgia is beating Texas, I REALLY don't see Tenn beating them AND Bama. If Georgia loses it means they're VERY getable.

I want Texas to beat Georgia. I think Georgia having two losses halfway through the season makes it more likely they lose one or even two more. I don’t think Texas is losing more than two games at the most even if they lose to Georgia due to their schedule. A Georgia win keeps both of them in position to finish ahead of Tennessee and makes our path more difficult. Also, I think it is worth noting that Georgia plays at Ole Miss the week before we play them, while we are at home against Mississippi State. I think that favors us in a couple ways, especially if Georgia has two losses going to Oxford. For one, it’s a much tougher opponent and on the road. Second, Georgia doesn’t have basically two weeks to focus on Tennessee this year like with recent year’s schedules.

VN Store

Back