Herman Lathers

wow, we beat out Tulane and Stanford for this guy. I am completely underwhelmed that this guy has an offer in a year that scholarships are so scarce for us. Rick, you said that staff knows alot more than we do, they must know that we're going to whiff on some of the more high profile guys.

wow, we beat out Tulane and Stanford for this guy. I am completely underwhelmed that this guy has an offer in a year that scholarships are so scarce for us. Rick, you said that staff knows alot more than we do, they must know that we're going to whiff on some of the more high profile guys.

Or.....they could know that they like him as a player better than some of those more high profile guys you speak of.

Off topic here but, does anyone know if we have a decent shot at landing Lawerence Guy??? He would be a nice addition...

As well as Auburn, Ole Miss, UNC and Louisville (recently offered). Go sniff some paint thinner, Rex.

And, we've also never found a lower ranked player that turned out to be much better than advertised. We can play this game all day long. But we'll just go in circles. Its ridiculous.

I'm still mad we took that low-star ranked Chris Brown. I wish we could have used that scholarship for a Daniel Brooks type player.

I would say our chance with Guy is decent. We are certainly still in the running. hvwarrior might know some recent news, but I havent heard anything recently.

I want guys like this.. work horse types who in this case seem to be smart and won't be a classroom/off the field liability. This whole star thing gets out of hand. Sometimes it's right sometimes it's way off. Get good young men with potential and coach em up.

VN Store

Back