Heupel says it's time for Mike Matthews

You got Thornton kinda lame. Bru with a soft cast like tape job on his hand. White has a bum shoulder. Yet you can't play your healthy backups? Pretty strong indictment of the WR in year 4, no?
MM lost time to injury early in the fall as well. I was hoping the UF game was going to be his break out, but maybe Bama will be. Their secondary is not great so far so it could be a good time to get him in the rotation.

He had an amazing catch against...Chattanooga I think Just went up vertically like almost 4 feet, or that's how it looked.
If our offense is sputtering hopefully Nico just lobs some balls up to him and Brazzell. Both have great ball skills. Let them prove it!

Last edited:
You got Thornton kinda lame. Bru with a soft cast like tape job on his hand. White has a bum shoulder. Yet you can't play your healthy backups? Pretty strong indictment of the WR in year 4, no?
McCoy has an issue with a hand injury, Squirrel has a bum shoulder, Thornton is trying to play injured. Matthews had a hamstring injury during training camp. One of the stronger positions coming into the season has been hit hard during the season. That really hits the receiving corp pretty hard.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
If our offense is sputtering hopefully Nico just libs some balls up to him and Brazzell. Both have great ball skills. Let them prove it!
I heard folks on the radio say this as well. Tell Nico to get the ball out fast and give our boys a chance to beat somebody and make a play. a 6 yard completion with potential for YAC is better than a 20 yard drop / miss. Eventually they will start sneaking up giving Nico a faster window for a deep ball.

Not every deep pass has to be a 40 or 50 yard bomb. I remember back in '22 we were chunking on 5-10 yard passes constantly which started the trend of safeties sneaking up to get burnt by Hyatt. We do not have a JH on this team, but we can give our boys a shot if we can hit more in mid range.

I think Heup is concerned w/ backups blocking. Our O requires perimeter blocking.
But I agree, Thornton and Matthews need targets, esp after bye week.

MM will get more playing time but not confident he'll play more than those who have been in the program for at least a year.

Squirrel (the playmaker) didn't get much play as a True Freshman, did he?

VN Store

Back