Heupel says it's time for Mike Matthews

I heard folks on the radio say this as well. Tell Nico to get the ball out fast and give our boys a chance to beat somebody and make a play. a 6 yard completion with potential for YAC is better than a 20 yard drop / miss. Eventually they will start sneaking up giving Nico a faster window for a deep ball.

Not every deep pass has to be a 40 or 50 yard bomb. I remember back in '22 we were chunking on 5-10 yard passes constantly which started the trend of safeties sneaking up to get burnt by Hyatt. We do not have a JH on this team, but we can give our boys a shot if we can hit more in mid range.
Tim Tebo and Tim Couch made a living on dink and dunk passes when they were in college

I hope that’s not just coach speak. Heupel has definitely been reluctant to let the young guys play. But seems to be coming off that some this year as we’ve seen guys like boo Carter get extensive playing time. But we need that athleticism. There were deep shots thrown right at the finger tips of squirrel and nimrod against Florida. A guy slightly faster than nimrod or with a slightly better catch radius that squirrel could’ve been made.

All he said was to "anticipate him playing." So I'll believe he'll actually get more than a handful of snaps when I see it.

This is true. He has played the last two games. He will be part of the action if he does the right things. Sounds like he has shown a little more at practice so time to do so in a game

VN Store

Back