Hi from kalifornia

tombear

Just wanted to say hello and let you know you've got a fan in SoKal. As you can possibly tell, with a name like TomBear, my primary team out here is Cal. Having said that, I've been a Vol fan since '79. They are my SEC team. I try to make it to Nashville every two years, but had missed out on getting to Knoxville in the past. Well.......finally I had time to get to Knoxville last Oct. and while there I got a really nice personal tour of Neyland. Man, that is a great field! Really well maintained, a super-fast track (and really pretty on top of that). I wish we had a field like that at Cal. Big time commendation for your grounds crew!!! Football is best outdoors on grass. But Neyland really is a step above!

Anyway, on occasion I hope to add something valuable (or at least interesting) to some discussions.

For now, I'm very excited to be part of your community.

Go Vols!

I love how the post title reads like the beginning of a letter from a serial killer. Welcome tho, and GBO.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know you've got a fan in SoKal. As you can possibly tell, with a name like TomBear, my primary team out here is Cal. Having said that, I've been a Vol fan since '79. They are my SEC team. I try to make it to Nashville every two years, but had missed out on getting to Knoxville in the past. Well.......finally I had time to get to Knoxville last Oct. and while there I got a really nice personal tour of Neyland. Man, that is a great field! Really well maintained, a super-fast track (and really pretty on top of that). I wish we had a field like that at Cal. Big time commendation for your grounds crew!!! Football is best outdoors on grass. But Neyland really is a step above!

Anyway, on occasion I hope to add something valuable (or at least interesting) to some discussions.

Go Vols!

Greetings, Tombear, welcome to our little orange corner of the internet. Decade survivor of Orange County here, which admittedly is its own bizarre little animal, but I lived my life on the 405 and the 5 like everyone else in LA, so ... hey, it's all one form or another of west coast metro in the end.

And as what I assume is a long term Cal fan, you've got some respect there. Been a hot minute since Tedford took over and made waves back in the day. Maybe the ACC move will give your bunch a chance to make some noise in whatever the ACC is doing these days. The conference looks wide open for whoever wants it this year.

Anyway, don't worry about value. We're as degenerate as any good college football message board can be.

Sister lived in Claremont for years niece doc in SD. Welcome!!

It's always good to greet a vol fan especially out of the footprint of the SEC. I lived in California in the early eighties. In fact, I met and married my wife of 40 years in Riverside where I was living and working. WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Just moved from Atlanta to LA so if some of yall around here got any good recommendations for restaurants/bars to watch our games at let me know please.

Reactions: SDV
Just moved from Atlanta to LA so if some of yall around here got any good recommendations for restaurants/bars to watch our games at let me know please.
One of my fraternity brothers lives up there and goes to the UT watch parties. I can find out where it is

Reactions: Midas

Hey Midas, Bless your heart! Spread the Big Orange Love!

Reactions: Midas
Hey Midas, Bless your heart! Spread the Big Orange Love!
It’s not too bad. Where I moved to in LA is extremely quiet and low crime which is strange and doesn’t feel like LA and that’s a good thing. Enjoying the weather out here couldn’t deal with the pollen and humidity in Atlanta anymore haha.

Go Vols!
Cal fans were great. Great game, and were in awe of neyland.

My knowledge of SoCal is getting dated (31 years ago). I lived in Lake Forest while in the Corps. Loved it. Fast food: In and Out, for good burgers and fries. Quality French food: The Orangery in Lake Forest. Some places down in Anaheim were quality, but my memory is fading. Good luck, and get a good tax attorney.

It’s not too bad. Where I moved to in LA is extremely quiet and low crime which is strange and doesn’t feel like LA and that’s a good thing. Enjoying the weather out here couldn’t deal with the pollen and humidity in Atlanta anymore haha.
Welcome aboard. Do you recommend any good gangs to join when I come to LA, or should I start my own?

*We like to joke round here occasionally 😅

Welcome! Been to Cali a few times. Have an aunt that lives near LA. I don’t talk to her. Hope you enjoy the nuts on here. We have a good time and love our Vols!!!!

Go Vols!
Welcome Tom! I am in NorCal, as you can tell from my username. Glad to find another Cali Vol fan.

Go Vols!
You joined in 2009 and this is your first post????

VN Store

Back