Hilarious Cody Pope Tweet

Lol, Cody pope was terrible on the field, and im sure he is doing so great right now.

Lol , yea I beat you were a hell of a player in your time at Tenn.. er wait, that's right, you never payed at UT like Cody did. But yet you want to say he was terrible? You are bad and should feel bad for making a bad post. Quit butt chugging Nighttrain and go to sleep.

At least he played for the team. He didn't do anything important like sit behind a screen with a Hank Hill avi. Yes, you sir are the definition of a "winner".

So because someone who is a member of a message board (like you as well) means they aren't successful?

Lol , yea I beat you were a hell of a player in your time at Tenn.. er wait, that's right, you never payed at UT like Cody did. But yet you want to say he was terrible? You are bad and should feel bad for making a bad post. Quit butt chugging Nighttrain and go to sleep.

So because I didn't play at UT means I'm not allowed to say someone wasn't a good football player?

I'm sure you wanna BET**

Did they ever go into any more detail on what his "career ending injury" was, or was it always classified as a severe stinger?

Last edited:
Wow! I'm in disbelief over some of the disrespectful comments in this thread. I guess you people taking up for Dooley probably think Inky Johnson is a "puss" too.

Wow! I'm in disbelief over some of the disrespectful comments in this thread. I guess you people taking up for Dooley probably think Inky Johnson is a "puss" too.

I do not think there is anything wrong with a coach calling out a player if you want to call it that. IIRC, Pope wasn't playing due to a nagging stinger issue. A reporter asked about it. Dooley says something to the effect that he needs to shove some steaks down his throat so he can heal faster. The team needs him. Now, I can see how Cody Pope can take offense to these comments on two levels. One, he's hurt. Coach shouldn't make fun of him. Two, he's a vegan. And unless you are a vegan, you do not know their plight, their suffering, their degradation in this society. So, he has the right to be hurt by CDD's statement.

If he wants to be on the sidelines wearing his mullet and jorts with the Pope jersey, fine. But, we were playing a freshman, excuse me, starting a freshman walk on. We needed him. I think Dooley wanted to make it clear that Cody was aching. And could not play. And the fact that he needed him to play.

I'll stand behind my earlier statement. Cody Pope is a pussy. Not because he couldn't play. That I don't know. He's a pussy for not being able to handle locker room talk from the HC. If he wants to be a pussy, the next time someone takes a cheap shot at his religion or lifestyle or whatever, he needs to hire a lawyer.

I do not think there is anything wrong with a coach calling out a player if you want to call it that. IIRC, Pope wasn't playing due to a nagging stinger issue. A reporter asked about it. Dooley says something to the effect that he needs to shove some steaks down his throat so he can heal faster. The team needs him. Now, I can see how Cody Pope can take offense to these comments on two levels. One, he's hurt. Coach shouldn't make fun of him. Two, he's a vegan. And unless you are a vegan, you do not know their plight, their suffering, their degradation in this society. So, he has the right to be hurt by CDD's statement.

If he wants to be on the sidelines wearing his mullet and jorts with the Pope jersey, fine. But, we were playing a freshman, excuse me, starting a freshman walk on. We needed him. I think Dooley wanted to make it clear that Cody was aching. And could not play. And the fact that he needed him to play.

I'll stand behind my earlier statement. Cody Pope is a pussy. Not because he couldn't play. That I don't know. He's a pussy for not being able to handle locker room talk from the HC. If he wants to be a pussy, the next time someone takes a cheap shot at his religion or lifestyle or whatever, he needs to hire a lawyer.
I would love to see someone say this to Cody Pope without hiding behind the internet.

Reactions: 1 person

I think you misunderstand what happened to Cody.

1. He got a stinger and never came back
2. Dooley made a joke about it and his dietary choices and he's been butt-hurt for 3 years.

What happened to Inky was an actual injury. Plus, I'm pretty sure Inky's cool enough to take a joke.

VN Store

Back