Home crowd

Rocky Top T

I know our crowd didn't give up 10 runs today, that's on our pitchers. But the home crowd was much like our team, not much fire in them. I've seen several other places with much more rowdy fans. The ones sitting on your tail needs to give your tickets to someone who will stand and yell.

It came through that way on tv that’s for sure .. I miss a few seasons ago when the frat bros had a big section to heckle the opposing pitcher etc … I feel like they need to focus on making it a hostile environment
Yeah. My son and frat get bros were there today. But the people around them wanted them to sit down.

It came through that way on tv that’s for sure .. I miss a few seasons ago when the frat bros had a big section to heckle the opposing pitcher etc … I feel like they need to focus on making it a hostile environment
With $2000 season tickets we’re starting to get a wine and cheese crowd. I’ve been pushed further away from the field and it costs me 5x what it cost me my first season. Not disparaging the older folks amongst us but I told my dad last weekend sitting in LNS that every person in our section was his age or older and it was like church. He’s 67 and was probably the 2nd youngest in section RF5 behind myself haha. It’s a far cry from 2021 when I got in.

With $2000 season tickets we’re starting to get a wine and cheese crowd. I’ve been pushed further away from the field and it costs me 5x what it cost me my first season. Not disparaging the older folks amongst us but I told my dad last weekend sitting in LNS that every person in our section was his age or older and it was like church. He’s 67 and was probably the 2nd youngest in section RF5 behind myself haha. It’s a far cry from 2021 when I got in.
UT definitely charges a shiny penny for an empty trophy case. At 2,000 dollars, I won’t be able to add a donation to my seats.

Told company watching game with us that Evansville took UT crowd out of game. When Beninke had a two strike count crowd is usually up and clapping. Not this time as fans were out if it as down by 5 runs. Home crowd can help if they want. Yes, we were all basically in shock at that stage of the game. Today.......GO BIG ORANGE OR WHATEVER UNI COMBO! GO VOLS!

The people that really want to be there and are the loudest have standing room only. The sro tickets are not free and it takes an effort. They are told over and over they can't do this, cant do that, can't stand here, can't stand there by cops and rent -a- cops barneying around. They've had no block party or food trucks like the past few years for the big series. Yeah, there's construction but the grassy area beside the frat houses hasn't been used this year. It was more rowdy 2-3 seasons ago. The atmosphere is what the university wants.

Reactions: ZDogPharizle
The baseball crowd will replicate the TBA basketball crowd. Eerily quiet with the blue hairs holding their little emotional support lap dogs while sitting on their rears the entire game and not cheering anything.
I’m not bashing any fan group but fans need to be fans that create an advantage for the home team.

I was watching UK game and their fans were rowdy even when they were up big. The opposing pitcher you could tell the crowd was getting to him every time he'd get 0 & 2 count they shouted it so loud in unison you could hear on TV. Bunch of Bourbon filled fans, while we had Mimosa Brunch crowd.o_O Starting at 11 AM Eastern definitely helps the visitors.

Well, maybe some of them are seeing the same thing I am. The Aces' have uncovered the thing that will beat us this weekend or at some point next week. (hated to say this) An average pitching staff. You say "but we've won 50+. However we are playing a team with as good a pitching staff as ours AND they have a hitting team as good or better than ours. (overall , not just HRs) Face it, we lack and ace on the mound. Another thing - - "thank God we are about through with the "COVID" era"!! Am glad to see these 6 year and more people still playing get out of the system and return to what use to be and still should be a 4 and on rare occasions a 5 year college career. (I know we've had our share) But man I'm tired of seeing guys that should be in the majors at some level or doing what ever they were forced to take as a "student" still around.

Reactions: tennesseecoyote
Well, maybe some of them are seeing the same thing I am. The Aces' have uncovered the thing that will beat us this weekend or at some point next week. (hated to say this) An average pitching staff. You say "but we've won 50+. However we are playing a team with as good a pitching staff as ours AND they have a hitting team as good or better than ours. (overall , not just HRs) Face it, we lack and ace on the mound. Another thing - - "thank God we are about through with the "COVID" era"!! Am glad to see these 6 year and more people still playing get out of the system and return to what use to be and still should be a 4 and on rare occasions a 5 year college career. (I know we've had our share) But man I'm tired of seeing guys that should be in the majors at some level or doing what ever they were forced to take as a "student" still around.
We have top 5 ERA in nation.

Yes, the pitching staff that’s 3rd in the nation in ERA, 1st in WHIP, while facing SEC opposition in a tiny ballpark is “average.” 🙄

Good Lord, we have a few in this fanbase.

Yup. This is what happens when greed fully dictates the desired gameday culture. A far cry from just a few years ago and it’s sad.

Not remotely true on either front. The ERA and team BA’s for both will refute it very quickly.

Yes, the pitching staff that’s 3rd in the nation in ERA, 1st in WHIP, while facing SEC opposition in a tiny ballpark is “average.” 🙄

Good Lord, we have a few in this fanbase.
We have a % of so called fans that need to hit the transfer portal. They only support the team when things are going perfectly with calm seas and wind at our backs. At the first hint of adversity, they turn their backs and show no loyalty whatsoever. i optimistically” believe they are the vocal minority aka “legions of the miserable”.

Start drinking early today?

We had 11 LOB yesterday. Bases loaded numerous times.

VN Store

Back