Home Run Derby

I will say this though, Fans being called out by other fans for dropping the ball + kids eating dirt = outstanding entertainment.

Guess Berman realized the "back, back, back" is annoying as hell. That or the rain delay gave him plenty of time to hammer a few in the booth.

How Marlin of Stanton. Ugh. All star week really hurts the Marlins. Uggla a few year back had like 80 errors.

Am I the only one who thinks the main camera angle should be from behind home plate/catcher's perspective so you can watch the ball from point of contact all the way out? That's actually fun imo.

Last edited:
I knew my Derby bracket was gonna be shot when I saw the person I picked to win check swing…

MLB and ESPN have only themselves to blame for the apathy surrounding this event. The person or people who allow Chris Berman to continue to do this should be executed for abject stupidity. Also, why the hell are schmucks who don't fit this competition like "Todd Frazier" and "Ryan Dozier" allowed to participate? Those guys aren't even things. I realize a lot of big names always pull out, but there's got to be better options. Why do derby participants have to be all stars? Give me Adam Dunn instead of Todd f'ing Frazier. Hell, I'd rather watch Bartolo Colon make a fool of himself than Frazier.

I agree on all counts about berman. He needs to go. The nfl draft and the derby would be better off without. Hell, the entire sports world would be better off without. But arguing about Frazier when Puig didn't hit one single hr? Come on man, really?

The derby as a whole was a bust and we could blame conditions, the park, or the lack of rhythm between the pitcher and hitter, which was the case for several. Bottom line is that it was a snooze fest and not at all Frazier's fault, imo. The guy has put up similar numbers to any of those in the season and competition. If you've ever seen him outside the derby he can hit some serious bombs. Maybe we weren't watching the same channel, idk.

I came here just to spew some dislike towards Chris Berman. Looks like that has already happened, so I'm out.

I agree on all counts about berman. He needs to go. The nfl draft and the derby would be better off without. Hell, the entire sports world would be better off without. But arguing about Frazier when Puig didn't hit one single hr? Come on man, really?

The derby as a whole was a bust and we could blame conditions, the park, or the lack of rhythm between the pitcher and hitter, which was the case for several. Bottom line is that it was a snooze fest and not at all Frazier's fault, imo. The guy has put up similar numbers to any of those in the season
and competition. If you've ever seen him outside the derby he can hit some serious bombs. Maybe we weren't watching the same channel, idk.

To be honest I just follow the Braves and don't really pay attention to other teams' players except the "name" guys. I think there are a lot of fans like me so I used Frazier and Dozier as examples of guys that don't inspire much interest in the event. Puig was nervous or something plus he was unfamiliar with Papa Cano. Really they should have a pitching maching that places the ball perfectly
every time.

VN Store

Back