Honest Questions

1. CBJ & co. seem to be tearing up the recruiting trail, to my great joy. Now, I recognize I'm no coach and certainly not a football savant. So I wonder, how far can we go without having a significant effort to stock OL, DE, and DT players? currently, the 2014 class seems clearly deficit in this area and I just can't figure out why. It's almost like CBJ has gone all ga ga over offense skill position players and ignoring offense and defense line needs. Can anyone say or even speculate why we aren't stocking OL and DL heavyweights?

2. I looked at Jones' first year at the UC: Cincinnati Bearcats 2010 Football Schedule

His players seem to compete when talent was not overwhelmingly above them. Even when losing. It may also be the players not fully buying into his scheme for all I know. In any case, considering these two factors, how does the 2013 team and its schedule project compared to the 2010 UC team?

Funny thing is (please, oh please don't smite me dead for this) I keep thinking this team will be similar to Franklin's Commodores. Horrible thing to say, I agree but I'm trying to be objective. Franklin for all his baby rattle headiness had his team believing they could win against anybody and playing like it.

The better part of my brain insists the 2013 team will be more like Johnny Majors' 1986 team. But I keep saying, "Woodsmanvol, you're just being biased. Call it for what it really is." Oh to heck with it, what does does VN think?

CBJ has said you win in this league by stopping the run and playing tough defense several times. He will get the pieces needed to accomplish that. :hi:

UGA may have the best offense in the SEC this year. It ain't happnin.

I see USCe as being very possible...but being paper champs doesn't mean we wont/can't upset GA. My point was, they will be coming off a very close win or loss against LSU. Then they play us...kinda like the bulldogs sneaking one out against us last year to turn around and get beat down at USCe.

1. CBJ & co. seem to be tearing up the recruiting trail, to my great joy. Now, I recognize I'm no coach and certainly not a football savant. So I wonder, how far can we go without having a significant effort to stock OL, DE, and DT players? currently, the 2014 class seems clearly deficit in this area and I just can't figure out why. It's almost like CBJ has gone all ga ga over offense skill position players and ignoring offense and defense line needs. Can anyone say or even speculate why we aren't stocking OL and DL heavyweights?
I'm pro-Butchie but if you look at his latest recruiting class, much of it has come from players who were on his hot list from Cincy and coming to UT is a big bunny hop up the collegiate prestige chain. Easy pickings. The OL/DL guys he was looking at for Cincy might not be talented enough to survive the SEC so they didn't get second looks.

Then add in the UT legacies - whose positions are random but not OL/DL - a couple of needed QBS and there you have it.

Why thank you! :hi::p. We look pretty good on paper with what we have returning from last year along with a few who were injured. People forget that we played last season with a really pieced-together receiving corps. Losing Bennett really hurt us. We were a different offense when he was in the lineup. If we can keep everyone healthy, we should score some points. And our defence could be a lot better than everyone might think. We have some good players on D. Just have to see how they come together. They looked good at the G-Day game. I was on the sideline and spoke to Jarvis Jones and he was impressed with his replacement, Jordan Jenkins, as well as the rest.
You know, it's always something with you 'Dawgs, talent out the ass, recruiting in one of the richest tri-state areas in the universe but you never get the pooch screwed, do you?

Richt's fault? Bad karma? Substandard recruiting of WRs year-2-year? We've been on the skids for a decade +/- and what do you have to show for all that recruiting opportunity? A NC?

Nope.

Based on your menu, exactly how long has it been since you made contact with civilization?

Crokey, I know my meat preferences may look odd to some. We eat what we do to avoid beef and other meats pumped full of steroids and other substances. It's all about accelerating the growth of cattle, sheep and hogs these days. Free range bison, elk and nilgai antelope don't have that problem, They are our favorites. The nilgai is also known as the Texas Antelope but is originally from India and Nepal. Been trying to get some pronghorn, mountain sheep (and goat) but it's hard to come by. Love barbecuing or grilling the meat for game days when we can't go to Neyland. Hope I don't choke on the stuff because I think CBJ is going to have this team getting us very excited during games. Must remember to not stuff my mouth when a play is in motion.

Last edited:
You know, it's always something with you 'Dawgs, talent out the ass, recruiting in one of the richest tri-state areas in the universe but you never get the pooch screwed, do you?

Richt's fault? Bad karma? Substandard recruiting of WRs year-2-year? We've been on the skids for a decade +/- and what do you have to show for all that recruiting opportunity? A NC?

Nope.

Why the rude insults? :ermm:

Why the rude insults? :ermm:
Nothing rude about it. You 'Dawgs have punted away opportunity after opportunity for over a decade while we sat chewing our cud, you never reached a NC when they were well within your grasp. You are severe underachievers and I simply asked, "Why?" :hi:

You have two, count 'em, two SEC championships since 1983 (the year Herschel died). It's been 33yrs since you had a NC. He goes to Auburn and you're fully screwed for 1980-2.

All I ever hear is exactly what you said in your previous post "If <add 1,001 reasons>".

There is something inherently, genetically wrong in any program that sits in the geograqphical position that Georgia does with a coach with strong Florida ties. Want to trade Atlanta for Knoxville? Want to trade Florida State's recruiting base for Cincy or Louisiana Tech :mf_surrender:

Nope, you're out of excuses long, long ago. It's systemic, you need a rootkit cleaning bad.

Reactions: 1 person
Notable returning DLinemen for 2014:
Jordan Williams, Jaylen Miller, Malik Brown, Corey Vereen, Jason Carr, TreVaris Saulsberry, LaTroy Lewis, Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers.
Add: Joe Henderson. Any thoughts on Neiko Creamer playing DE??

Nothing rude about it. You 'Dawgs have punted away opportunity after opportunity for over a decade while we sat chewing our cud, you never reached a NC when they were well within your grasp. You are severe underachievers and I simply asked, "Why?" :hi:

You have two, count 'em, two SEC championships since 1983 (the year Herschel died). It's been 33yrs since you had a NC. He goes to Auburn and you're fully screwed for 1980-2.

All I ever hear is exactly what you said in your previous post "If <add 1,001 reasons>".

There is something inherently, genetically wrong in any program that sits in the geograqphical position that Georgia does with a coach with strong Florida ties. Want to trade Atlanta for Knoxville? Want to trade Florida State's recruiting base for Cincy or Louisiana Tech :mf_surrender:

Nope, you're out of excuses long, long ago. It's systemic, you need a rootkit cleaning bad.

Wow! I can't even begin to know how to respond to such logic! Fire a coach who's won two consecutive SECE championships and was a play away from a NC last season?!?! Is that what your suggestion is!?!? What is the state of your program that you can judge a superior program?!?! :crazy::crazy:

Only on volnation would someone complain about the #1 recruiting class in the country :loco:

VN Store

Back