Hooker shows improvement for Detroit

NCVolintheTriad

Lions are starting to see results with Hooker and he is trending toward being the backup.
Missed his first two throws and finished 12 of 15 for 150. Made mistakes, but even Dan Campbell acknowledged his growth in leading two fourth quarter drives to get the win against Kansas City. Ran for one touchdown.
I hope he keeps bringing it. Detroit journalists definitely noticed. ESPN, well what do you expect?- noticed with no enthusiasm.

Last edited:
I watched some of the 4th qtr and the Lions have some work to do. The Oline was disappointing, receivers were not getting open, and play calling seemed pretty sad. I know that’s why you have a preseason and the best guys are on the sidelines, but it was still surprising to me.

Lions are starting to see results with Hooker and he is trending toward being the backup.
Missed his first two throws and finished 12 of 15 for 150. Made mistakes, but even Dan Campbell acknowledged his growth in leading two fourth quarter drives to get the win against Kansas City. Ran for one touchdown.
I hope he keeps bringing it. Detroit journalists definitely noticed. ESPN, well what do you expect?- noticed with no enthusiasm.
ESPN was too busy fawning over the trick play by Mahomes. The coverage of Hooker's 2 drives was barely presented as the media idiots showed interviews with Mahomes and Kelcy split screen while he was playing.

I watched some of the 4th qtr and the Lions have some work to do. The Oline was disappointing, receivers were not getting open, and play calling seemed pretty sad. I know that’s why you have a preseason and the best guys are on the sidelines, but it was still surprising to me.
Lions offensive line is top 5 in the NFL

ESPN was too busy fawning over the trick play by Mahomes. The coverage of Hooker's 2 drives was barely presented as the media idiots showed interviews with Mahomes and Kelcy split screen while he was playing.
To be fair, they highlight the first team in all preseason games.

Reactions: CDB and chuckiepoo

The second half of preseason games are generally for 3rd string players trying to make the roster, most of whom won't be there on opening day. Combined with the ultra-vanilla game plans teams use in these games, there's no way you can judge the quality of a team from watching the preseason. They just want to get to opening day without losing key players to injury.

That joker playing for the Giants doesn’t deserve to be a starting QB. Hooker and Hyatt need to be reunited.
No one is trading for a starter who hasn’t played in over a calendar year. You build up to that. On Hard Knocks, they were eying top QB prospects in this latest draft. If that falls through this season and HH gets good word of mouth, maybe they throw a third or fourth out there for him. But he needs time on a roster.

WE need him to develop. First step towards that is being a top backup.
Due to his injury Hendon literally did not take so much as an official practice snap until coming off NFI and entering the IR practice window at the end of November last year. Even his '24 Spring OTA was marred by a dislocated finger on his throwing hand. He's actually still pretty green and there's no real downside to him getting some extended QB2 work which pretty much everyone I've heard is considering a forgone conclusion at this point.

VN Store

Back