How’s the OT looking this weekend?

Is Lance Heard, and John Campbell looking good to go? And how does Arkansas look on the front 7 and specifically the edge.
That's a week from now. Healing advances day by day. Even when the coaches know about it ... why should they reveal anything? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to know, too. But, I don't think we should expect to, until much closer to game time.

I think Lewisvol put something on another thread about them that Campbell has a bad knee and they have to sub for him in and out of game to keep him effective. Heard who knows.
Assuming no major injuries going forward (big if), I'd expect Heard at LT and a platoon of Campbell/Johnson at RT so they can manage Campbell's knee. We saw a LT platoon work well in 2022. I'd rather platoon at RT.

I'm fine with this because Johnson acquitted himself well against OU. Dayne Davis needs to play Guard, but we don't have that luxury.

Hope they both take another week off - beat Pigs with our run game.
Hopefully Heard is good to go, but if there’s a chance more rest would help Campbell deal with the knee pain, I’d like to see Davis get plenty of snaps at right tackle the next couple weeks…and approximately zero at left tackle.

Hopefully Heard is good to go, but if there’s a chance more rest would help Campbell deal with the knee pain, I’d like to see Davis get plenty of snaps at right tackle the next couple weeks…and approximately zero at left tackle.
I'd rather see Johnson overtake Davis at both spots.

I'd rather see Johnson overtake Davis at both spots.
Agree but I wonder if it would help LJ3 to focus on one over the other. I know this staff in general likes to crosstrain guys so that’s not their typical MO, but this is a special case.

As season goes on, I’d like to see Warren and Perry overtake both of them, but that likely won’t happen until next year.

Assuming no major injuries going forward (big if), I'd expect Heard at LT and a platoon of Campbell/Johnson at RT so they can manage Campbell's knee. We saw a LT platoon work well in 2022. I'd rather platoon at RT.

I'm fine with this because Johnson acquitted himself well against OU. Dayne Davis needs to play Guard, but we don't have that luxury.
Personally I would just stick Johnson at RT the next couple of games. Campbell is tough though be hard to convince him to sit a couple of games. I’d rather have Johnson get some snaps and Campbell get some rest at this point. I’d rather have others play tackle but Davis isn’t as bad as he looked at OU. He will perform much better at home but it won’t be close to what we need if we want to beat Bama and Georgia imho.

I’m not sure we can beat them without the tackles. No ability to run wide and teams will clog the middle like OU did in the second half. We are in a world of hurt.
We can go heavy if needed with multiple TEs. There’s a variety of ways Tennessee can score. Heard should be good to go.

Hope they both take another week off - beat Pigs with our run game.
I so much agree. I wish for them to tune up a little vs florida and come ready for alabubba.
I might be in the minority, but Arkansas on the road kinda scares me more than Florida at home. Best QB and best RB we've faced all year and a night game. Their OL isn't great, which plays right into our hands, so that's to our advantage.

I might be in the minority, but Arkansas on the road kinda scares me more than Florida at home. Best QB and best RB we've faced all year and a night game. Their OL isn't great, which plays right into our hands, so that's to our advantage.
For whatever reason, we always struggle with Arkansas. No matter the difference in talent level, they always have our number. I've seen us boat race the rest of the fledgling teams in the SEC. I've never seen an easy win against Arkansas.

I agree and don’t feel like this is a style game. It’s a get the hell out town with a win by any means possible kind of game.

Call me crazy but I like Davis. He had couple of bad reps against Oklahoma, so the criticism is fair, but he also had some good ones. And it's worth remembering that the 2nd sack he gave up was his first rep after switching to RT. He was in good position, but the OU player made a great play by ducking the block. The first sack was just Davis losing focus and having his eyes in the wrong place - didn't see the safety blitz coming. It happens.

VN Store

Back