How did Vandy beat UT for an OL Transfer?

JohnWardForever

Former Liberty left tackle Chase Mitchell entered the transfer portal one day, visited Vanderbilt the next and chose the Commodores over an offer from Tennessee. Does that sound coincidental or suspicious? Full story and more (Memphis fans think they will make the Playoffs; Not Tennessee!) Article:

Tennessee adds Olympian to track staff, other notes -- westwords <Click Very interesting...​

Former Liberty left tackle Chase Mitchell entered the transfer portal one day, visited Vanderbilt the next and chose the Commodores over an offer from Tennessee. Does that sound coincidental or suspicious? Full story and more (Memphis fans think they will make the Playoffs; Not Tennessee!) Article:

Tennessee adds Olympian to track staff, other notes -- westwords <Click Very interesting...​

Welp, the article says UT offered him , Vu signed him 1 day after He announced, and he will start at RT for Vandy. So Coach Heupel saw something useful. (and Vandy must have in hiring his position coach) Sounds like stuff bama used to do.

I have no idea but I would think not all big ugly’s want to or cut out to run 97 plays a game . It could be about the style of play along with his coach moving there . Idk I’m just guessing

He likely looked at the depth chart and as stated followed his coach. The prospects for him starting or getting significant time at LT this year were slim even before we got Lance Heard... Also, Liberty is a private school much like Vandy...finally they likely saw a picture of the knot in his tie and ere like thanks but no thanks.

1724338376915.png

All jokes aside just because we offer someone does not mean we are necesarily 'after' them. If we wanted this kid the chances of 'losing' him to vandy are slim to none. Wish him al lthe best until 30Nov and then best wishes beyong that. Go look at any recruiting site for a school and compare their offers vs the people they sign. We literally offer multiple hundreds of players each year to sign 20ish.

Reactions: Sarms58
Welp, the article says UT offered him , Vu signed him 1 day after He announced, and he will start at RT for Vandy. So Coach Heupel saw something useful. (and Vandy must have in hiring his position coach) Sounds like stuff bama used to do.
I think people overplay that conspriacy theory. They think a school goes out sees a kid and is like hmm I want him lets hire his coach. It does not happen in that order. They hire a coach because they want the coach and if he has some kids he can bring with him that's bonus. You bring in a kid that sucks he sits the bench. His chances of negatively affecting the team are minimal. Bring in a bad coach and you have immediate and serious problems. Not saying its never happened especially back in the day but trust me even then they are not hiring some terrible coach they don't think can do the job just to sign some kid. Too much real money at stake. People look at the numbers of money thrown at these kids and get all nuts.... You had best believe if a school is giving a kid x amount of money they are expecting to make 5x off his contribution. College Football is a business.

I think people overplay that conspriacy theory. They think a school goes out sees a kid and is like hmm I want him lets hire his coach. It does not happen in that order. They hire a coach because they want the coach and if he has some kids he can bring with him that's bonus. You bring in a kid that sucks he sits the bench. His chances of negatively affecting the team are minimal. Bring in a bad coach and you have immediate and serious problems. Not saying its never happened especially back in the day but trust me even then they are not hiring some terrible coach they don't think can do the job just to sign some kid. Too much real money at stake. People look at the numbers of money thrown at these kids and get all nuts.... You had best believe if a school is giving a kid x amount of money they are expecting to make 5x off his contribution. College Football is a business.

Portal for one day, no visits, signs with Vandy next day. Yes. it is clear he went to Vandy following his coach who promised him a good education for free and some NIL money. Win-win for player. No conspiracies or wrong doing here.

VN Store

Back