How did Vandy beat UT for an OL Transfer?

He likely looked at the depth chart and as stated followed his coach. The prospects for him starting or getting significant time at LT this year were slim even before we got Lance Heard... Also, Liberty is a private school much like Vandy...finally they likely saw a picture of the knot in his tie and ere like thanks but no thanks.

View attachment 669203

All jokes aside just because we offer someone does not mean we are necesarily 'after' them. If we wanted this kid the chances of 'losing' him to vandy are slim to none. Wish him al lthe best until 30Nov and then best wishes beyong that. Go look at any recruiting site for a school and compare their offers vs the people they sign. We literally offer multiple hundreds of players each year to sign 20ish.
Since he’s a graduate transfer it could have been more about the masters program he was looking for vs the gridiron success of his destination

Former Liberty left tackle Chase Mitchell entered the transfer portal one day, visited Vanderbilt the next and chose the Commodores over an offer from Tennessee. Does that sound coincidental or suspicious? Full story and more (Memphis fans think they will make the Playoffs; Not Tennessee!) Article:

Tennessee adds Olympian to track staff, other notes -- westwords <Click Very interesting...​

Heup can’t close again?? Dang!

I thought he fixed that 😟

This! Academically speaking, Vandy is a good school.
#1 ranked academic school in the SEC located in one of the most exciting cities in the country. I can understand why someone would go to Vandy. Will have to say though that I played on a HS team that went 2-9, ain't no fun playing on a losing football team. But with a Vandy degree and connections should be set for life if he keeps his nose clean.

#1 ranked academic school in the SEC located in one of the most exciting cities in the country. I can understand why someone would go to Vandy. Will have to say though that I played on a HS team that went 2-9, ain't no fun playing on a losing football team. But with a Vandy degree and connections should be set for life if he keeps his nose clean.

But with a UT degree and connections should be set for life if he keeps his nose clean. Same same. Only if Vandy educates, & not indoctrinate. They are known for the latter.

VN Store

Back