How do you guys feel about the bowl game?

Slightly concerned that we don’t show up and it is a more ugly and stressful game than it needs to be. Don’t see us losing though. That would be a very poor end to this season. The difference between 9-4 and 8-5 is large in my eyes. I think I predicted Vols 30-13. I would not be surprised if it were closer to 20-16. We should win though. Excited for a full game of Nico! Go Vols!

Slightly concerned that we don’t show up and it is a more ugly and stressful game than it needs to be. Don’t see us losing though. That would be a very poor end to this season. The difference between 9-4 and 8-5 is large in my eyes. I think I predicted Vols 30-13. I would not be surprised if it were closer to 20-16. We should win though. Excited for a full game of Nico! Go Vols!
Nah. I don't see that big a difference in the record either way. I want to see us come out healthy. I want to see energy and promise from the younger players who have been thrust into the limelight. Nico, the secondary, the RBs. This ain't Austin Peay. This is a top shelf defense. If we don't show up and get embarrassed, that would be a problem, but if we come out and play hard/well and lose a competitive game, I got no problems with it. With all the injuries, transfers, opt outs, this has to have an impact on us. To my knowledge, Iowa is pretty much intact outside of a couple of injuries. After seeing Iowa vs Michigan, this is a tough ask for a team that has to rely on so much youth all over the field.

Joe had years of college experience. Nico has months. Apple/oranges.
Not sure what your point is. Mine is that Nico could go 29 of 30 with 600 yards and 7 touchdowns or 2 of 30 with 5 ints, and neither would be predictive of next season.

And that turned out to be pretty indicative of how Joe played this season. Especially when you consider the WR corps was not as good this year, especially after the injuries to 2 of the 3 top WRs. The OL was beat up towards the end of the year and the coaches relied more on the running game. Joe also had some injury problems throughout the year that he didn't use as an excuse.

Joe Milton was a good QB at UT. He was not Hendon Hooker but he was not asked to be Hendon Hooker. He is arguably the 3rd best QB in the post Fulmer era. Should be rememberd fondly by UT fans for his leadership and attitude. Not a big fan of skipping out on his team for the bowl game but if he heard 1/2 of what the uneducated portion of the fan base has been saying about him, I can uderstand his decision a little better.
Not really my point, but since you went there: Joe was great against Clemson without our two top receivers; he had a couple of errant throws, but all-in-all got the ball where it needed to be, on target and on time. I said at the time that if he played that well in 2023, we might only lose one game. He didn't. He was off just enough in those early games that we needed receivers to step up and make some tough catches. They didn't. He had a better year than most folks on here think, but, ultimately, only the Vandy game was comparable to the Clemson game.

Unfortunately, the CFP, transfers, and opt-outs have made bowl games irrelevant. They used to mean something that a senior would look forward to going to and win for their school. If your team is not in the CFP, then all a bowl is a pre- season game for the following year.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
If Tennessee can muster two or three touchdowns, they should be fine. Iowa has a hard time finding the end zone. Now watch the Hawkeyes have their best game of the year.

Watching the players in Orlando, looks like they are relaxed and having a good time. That is a sign of confidence.

I was really intrigued about the Mizzu OSU matchup until I found out their QB quit. So 14-3 snoozer. It was really meaningless.

VN Store

Back