How long before Heupel makes changes with OL?

Over the years, we've had some coaches who were so bad we HAD to second guess what was going on. I do not feel that way with Heupel. Saying that, I think if CJH thought a change would give us a competitive edge, he would have implemented. Also, if he thinks a change gives us an advantage but the timing is wrong, I think over the bye week after Bama is the time to do it.

Over the years, we've had some coaches who were so bad we HAD to second guess what was going on. I do not feel that way with Heupel. Saying that, I think if CJH thought a change would give us a competitive edge, he would have implemented. Also, if he thinks a change gives us an advantage but the timing is wrong, I think over the bye week after Bama is the time to do it.
I. WANT. IT. NOW.

angry-mad (1).gif

This is speculation, but I think we see more rotation at both tackle spots this Saturday. I don't think Campbell moves to LT though. We might not see Heard at all. We'll see.
I think Heard will play, but we might see a rotation at LT like we’ve been doing at RT. First series Heard/Campbell, then Heard/Davis, then Johnson/Campbell, etc.

I want to reiterate your statement in my own words.

Sometimes an imperfect situation is better than starting over. We need to make this work until we have some downtime, at the very least.

Reactions: McDad
H
Heupel thought Milton was better than Hooker. He is not beyond questioning.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. I and others may get irritated because of what we perceive as inaction but Heupel isn’t an idiot. I’m sure he’s all over it like ugly on ape but he’s just not advertising the method to his madness.

??When Milton got hurt
Yes sir. So Milton outperformed HH in practice. HH got a chance bc of injury and outperformed Milton during live games.
Heard is injured. Others came in to replace. They didn't outperform.
Point is you can second guess. Your choice. But there is similarities between the two data points.

Yes sir. So Milton outperformed HH in practice. HH got a chance bc of injury and outperformed Milton during live games.
Heard is injured. Others came in to replace. They didn't outperform.
Point is you can second guess. Your choice. But there is similarities between the two data points.
Not sure what point you are trying to make. Heupel was forced to play Hooker because of an injury...not because of anything he evaluated and figured out. Every coach evaluates his players in practice. Idk if Campbell is better but CJH hasn't reached any level of being above question.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Heupel was forced to play Hooker because of an injury...not because of anything he evaluated and figured out. Every coach evaluates his players in practice. Idk if Campbell is better but CJH hasn't reached any level of being above question.
Ok. I can see this is a waste of effort.
If you have questions to assist your comprehension, I'll answer. Otherwise, I'm moving on.

Reactions: Ned Ray McWorkher

VN Store

Back