How Many Total Home Runs for Entire Season & Playoffs?

Total Vol Home Runs in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we bunt and steal a bunch!
All joking aside, while I don't see us bunting, we do need a Blake Burke approach at the plate for Omaha. Can't rely on the long ball. His approach at the plate has shocked me. After last season, never in my wildest dreams did I see him swinging like he is. Just tremendous.

All joking aside, while I don't see us bunting, we do need a Blake Burke approach at the plate for Omaha. Can't rely on the long ball. His approach at the plate has shocked me. After last season, never in my wildest dreams did I see him swinging like he is. Just tremendous.

But we DO rely on the long ball--heavily--and Omaha is a big park. This was an issue, what, two/three years ago when we had a similar power team and went to Omaha and got eliminated rather quickly, as I recall. Let's hope for great results this time.

These kids have hit the leather off the ball this postseason. Wish we were able to know the distance these balls are flying, as many seem to be over 430'. Maybe the new stadium can have those stats added to the scoreboard?

1718126475770.png

LSU played 70 games in 1997. A few went into extra innings and a couple were only 7 innings so they pretty much even out on full 9 inning games. So they played roughly 580-600 innings offensively if you factor in they probably didn’t have to use their last AB in several games. So their HR/inning would be roughly 0.313-0.324.

Last edited:

But we DO rely on the long ball--heavily--and Omaha is a big park. This was an issue, what, two/three years ago when we had a similar power team and went to Omaha and got eliminated rather quickly, as I recall. Let's hope for great results this time.
Y’all do realize if we took Burke’s stats away we would still lead the country in homers, have more runs scored than Texas A&M as a team, and have only 1 less double than Texas A&M as a team? So if you take our 2nd best hitter out of the lineup and we only batted 8 hitters then we are still better than Texas A&M offensively. I swear some of y’all would worry about how to digest food if our body didn’t do it for us 😂

How many games were called because of the 10 run rule. If we had those ABs not sure we would not have broken the record. Tough to judge.
14 run rule games by my count. Taking into account home games and whether we would have batted in the 9th at home, we missed out on 18 innings worth of hitting. So we missed out on 2 ballgames worth of stats offensively.

Based on our 0.322 HR/inning and the 18 innings we missed out on we should be at ~179 homers.

An oversight by myself, I didn’t factor in all of LSU’s home games or games they were considered the home team in 1997 so I think their opposing pitchers probably threw closer to 580-600 innings as opposed to the 630 I said initially. I’m not going to go through all of their box scores and can’t find their exact innings against so I’m just assuming that’s a close estimate. So their HR/inning is probably closer within the range of 0.313-0.324.

Either way, we are right there with a record thought to be unbreakable by several people in the industry.

It all depends on how long they play. My guess is if we play at least 3 games, I say 4 more homeruns

177 and counting. AT LEAST 2 more games and as many as 5 more left. Could be close to the record when all said and done.

26.3% of Vol Nationites voted 177 - 188 Dingers. Good job folks! Y'all must have ESP N

VN Store

Back