How many Vol fans in Charlotte?

Charlotte seats 75,000 - how many Vols?

• Total voters
Rightly or wrongly, I think a lot of folks across the country are swallowing the narrative on this game - Tennessee has too many weapons and a potentially Heisman-caliber QB. NC State fans will represent but I imagine some will be reticent to spend/travel, even with it being close. A sort of a “I don’t want to pay to see that” attitude, especially with ticket prices what they are.

Tennessee fans, on the other hand, think they will want to see that. And will spend / travel accordingly.

Last edited:
Bank of America Stadium has a capacity of 74,867. I would guess a sellout of Tennessee's allotment to Vols fans. I would think Vols fans would even buy up NC State allocated tix on the secondary market. I'd guess 40k easily.
Lots of tickets remain on a lot of ticket sites.
id be surprised if there’s more than 65,000 there. About 35,000-40,000 will be Vols.

I would say between 30 and 40k. Not like Charlotte is the far side of the earth or something so the Vols will represent.

Supposed to turn a bit on the chilly side Saturday night so I also wouldn't be shocked to see the place empty out quickly if UT starts rolling.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I mean it's only about a 3 and a half hour drive from K-town...Looks like NCST sold out thier allotment

I mean it's only about a 3 and a half hour drive from K-town...Looks like NCST sold out thier allotment

3 and a Half hour drive ain't nothing! I drove 11 hours once and got to Knoxville just before Kickoff. You fans in Tennessee better go see that NICO KID cuz he won't be there after next year! He's going to the MOON!

I don’t get where people are saying UT will have a lot more fans.
NCSU sold out their allotment. Vols have not.

I don’t understand what’s happening, but as of right now the vols will be outnumbered. The game is roughly the equal distance that most vol fans drive every Saturday from middle Tennessee to Knoxville. We have filled neutral sites with much worse teams. All this excitement for this season leaves me scratching my head at the attendance here.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back