How many Vol fans in Charlotte?

Charlotte seats 75,000 - how many Vols?

• Total voters
I don’t understand what’s happening, but as of right now the vols will be outnumbered. The game is roughly the equal distance that most vol fans drive every Saturday from middle Tennessee to Knoxville. We have filled neutral sites with much worse teams. All this excitement for this season leaves me scratching my head at the attendance here.
It honestly surprises me that NCSU sold out their allotment. Even with our excitement, traveling to games is expensive. I'd rather spend money traveling to Oklahoma, Arky, etc. rather than a neutral site game. I'm only going to this one since I'm local.

I think just about anywhere within a few hours drive will pull a lot of Tennessee fans. Plus, there's a lot of transplant fans like myself. Tennessee is a national brand, especially so in the southeast. Ticket prices are pretty brutal nowadays though.

just heard on a broadcast they say the crowd will be dominate NC state. However this is based on ticket sales for location of the stadium. I would like to think Vols fans did not just buy tickets marked UT section. Lets GO !!!!!

How much do we get paid for these neutral site games? Other than the recruiting, I'm trying to find the benefits of losing a home game

How much do we get paid for these neutral site games? Other than the recruiting, I'm trying to find the benefits of losing a home game
As you’ve stated, Our biggest out of state recruiting areas are Atlanta and NC. I think that’s really the only reason unless the tv networks give us more money for these games that we don’t have to share with other SEC members.

Last edited:
NC State tickets could have been bought up by vol fans too. If I had to put money on it I'd say 60% orange in the house so 40-42,000 orange.

I live about 35 mins north of the stadium born and raised here. I bleed Orange and White. Had to go to the grocery store today to get steaks. Seen a good bit of orange. They all got a GO VOLS!!

Alot more 🍊 walking the streets of Charlotte than red. I bought my tickets in November and turns out they are on the "NC side". I'm sure they be alot orange mixed in the red tomorrow! GBO!!!

VN Store

Back